Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dent repair possible on liftgate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife (I swear) backed into a junction box in our garage right above the tesla logo on the liftgate of our MX. Is it possible for a gifted PDR guy to fix this? Im worried this is going to cost an arm and leg to repair.

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 9.19.49 PM.png

Attachments

• IMG_09002.jpeg
    IMG_09002.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0900.jpeg
    IMG_0900.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 243
My wife (I swear) backed into a junction box in our garage right above the tesla logo on the liftgate of our MX. Is it possible for a gifted PDR guy to fix this? Im worried this is going to cost an arm and leg to repair.

View attachment 378993
Yeah thats a tough one I had a small ding right on the corner of the hatch and Teds Dents (Livermore) was able to get it out after every other place in the bay area said none chance, yours is much worse but worth asking around. from your signature your either in Los Angeles or Louisiana (LA) if its Los angeles there oughta be some place that can PDR it into something better than what you have now

Good luck

Rear hatch 1.JPG
Rear hatch.JPG

Reactions: SSCustoms
Ive had a few guys tell me no so far. Working on a few more. Hopefully someone can make it better. Doesnt need to be perfect.

Yes im in Los Angeles. We have many many options (fingers crossed)

Not looking for perfect, just not trying to replace the whole liftgate.

I talked with a number of PDR guys, most said no. But one said they could take a look and expect it to be $800 to fix. They are well rated on yelp and seem to be pretty positive.

Not sure if $800 is a lot or a little in this context. Figure a new liftgate would be in the $2-$3k range so seems reasonable.

Reactions: WozX
Not sure if $800 is a lot or a little in this context. Figure a new liftgate would be in the $2-$3k range so seems reasonable.

We literally just got back from going to the Service King shop to get an estimate to repair our lift gate. We got hit at slow speed when we were making a right turn (on red) but stopped when we saw close in approaching traffic. The following vehicle did not stop in time.

Luckily the individual had insurance and they are covering it.
They do not do body work at the Dallas Service Center - Service King is the referenced shop for Tesla in this area.

The liftgate in that area (Left bottom) could not be fixed, so it had to be replaced - Will try to get Photo from my Wife's phone. It actually seems less damaged than your photo, but because it impacted the frame portion of the lift gate, they need to replace the entire lift gate. It was maybe bent in at one point about 3/4 inch with a smooth bend.

Quote was for ~$2950 Total which included $940 for a new lift gate purchase. Total included also the new reflector, paint of the bumper, and all the Remove and Install costs. Estimated time in shop is 10 Days.

Last edited:
Reactions: avesraggiana
How abt this guys?

Attachments

• 71A15DBD-66B5-4909-BFBE-AFB565837BBD.jpeg
    71A15DBD-66B5-4909-BFBE-AFB565837BBD.jpeg
    282.7 KB · Views: 283
  • A862BB36-9961-4BA8-8F38-89FDAE3C9B9F.jpeg
    A862BB36-9961-4BA8-8F38-89FDAE3C9B9F.jpeg
    303.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 69E8D165-ACFB-4E94-AF3F-480BE075D95F.jpeg
    69E8D165-ACFB-4E94-AF3F-480BE075D95F.jpeg