Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dented hood and Paintless Dent Removal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking off my front emblem I noticed my hood was dented to the left of the emblem. It could be worse, but at the right angle and light, you can see the slight ripple on the hood and it annoys me. Not sure how, could have been my fault from me heating the hood, or one of the times closing the hood, or something else. Yes, I did follow the owners manual on how to close the hood properly every time.

My question is that with the hood being aluminum, anyone have any issues using a reputable PDR tech?

Taking off my front emblem I noticed my hood was dented to the left of the emblem. It could be worse, but at the right angle and light, you can see the slight ripple on the hood and it annoys me. Not sure how, could have been my fault from me heating the hood, or one of the times closing the hood, or something else. Yes, I did follow the owners manual on how to close the hood properly every time.

My question is that with the hood being aluminum, anyone have any issues using a reputable PDR tech?
Latch might just need adjustment. Mine was pulling the hood so tight it was warping the hood. Does the dent go away when you unlatch the hood?

Reactions: damageprone
I would ask around. PDR is more craft than science. I had an Audi once with galvanized door panels. Several PDR guys didn’t want to touch it. Found an older gentleman that had a decade or more under his belt and was excited for the challenge. He told me;”All my work is guaranteed. If you don’t like my work, I’ll put the dent back and I won’t charge you.” That guy spent 90 minutes on a door crease. It was like it never happened afterwards. It’s all about the skill of the PDR guy.