Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dented removal in hood with PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This afternoon I discovered a dent in my hood. It is directly above the Tesla logo, and kind of looks like someone closed the frunk by pressing too hard in that spot.

It‘s definitely not creased at all, so I’m hoping that a paint-less dent removal pro will be able to make it disappear. However, the location raises some questions I hope you guys can help with.

The hood has full XPEL PPF. Can paintless dent removal work through the PPF, or will it have to be removed and replaced?

Because the hood is aluminum, will PDR work? Unfortunately, the dent is in a spot that can’t be directly reached from the underside of the hood. Will this prevent PDR from pressing the dent out from the other side?

Looking for any insight you guys can share… thanks!

I had a similar experience and the PDR guy was able to get it out. When using heat to heat up the metal he used a lower setting and went slower as didn’t want to impact the PPF. In the end the ding came out and frunk looks perfect.