Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dented the passengers side rocker panel pretty badly, any idea what I’m looking at cost wise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You would think so, but finding a shop to do it is the issue. I didn't have any luck, thankfully Bellevue was able to fix mine.
You would probably need to find someone that does PDR (paintless dent repair) exclusively (and then have body shop go over the rest if it needs to be painted or some filler needs to be used to smooth things out). Most body shops probably only do a limited amount of dent pulling and will typically opt for replacement panels (and/or body fillers).

You would probably need to find someone that does PDR (paintless dent repair) exclusively (and then have body shop go over the rest if it needs to be painted or some filler needs to be used to smooth things out). Most body shops probably only do a limited amount of dent pulling and will typically opt for replacement panels (and/or body fillers).
In the case of these particular types of damages being so insanely expensive to repair (replace), it would make sense if a shop can be found to pull It. It wouldn’t be expensive at all and the down time would likely be more more favorable.

Any worry with adding the side skirt you may trap water in there and end up with rust/corrosion?

The cost will be $1000 to fix, plus whatever the increase in premium is you'll face with the insurance company for having the claim.
Where did you get this work completed on your rocker panel? Did they have to remove the rocker panel to complete the fix? How long did this process take and can you please advise what procedures they used to repair the dent on your rocker panel?

I wonder if, in events like pictured above, the “dent” can be pulled, like with the old fashioned dent pullers.
Dunno, but my rocker dent, they said they would remove the plastic rocker cover on the bottom, then massage the metal from behind to bring it out, then respray. Maybe there was more, but they didn't tell me.