Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dents in the Hatch pillar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My white MYP is a little over a week old. I inspected it thoroughly and have not driven it much. It’s only been parked in my garage. I had my pillars deleted and when I picked it up last night I noticed some dents on the Hatch pillar. I’ve asked the company about the dents because it’s hard to imagine how it could have happened but I also know the dents were not there prior to dropping it off. I inspected the car and took pictures prior to drop off just in case….

Have any of you seen dents like this in the Hatch pillar? Do you think they can be pulled out with a dent puller?

There are three depressions that look like thumb size. These form a larger depression about 6” long. It’s hard to see in the pictures but you can see the 3 spots and also the “crease”. Thankfully it’s not a hard crease, and if this were on a door I’m confident it could come out with a puller.

It’s hard to tell at first glance but once you know it’s there it’s very easy to see.

Attachments

• FA3C4CC8-CDAE-4784-9FAD-CDABC675D4B3.jpeg
    FA3C4CC8-CDAE-4784-9FAD-CDABC675D4B3.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 146
  • A0A82E7B-C73B-4E74-AE68-0DF2D31014E2.jpeg
    A0A82E7B-C73B-4E74-AE68-0DF2D31014E2.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Disagree
Reactions: glide
Oh Ok, Awesome! Now I understand what a pillar delete is and looks like. Thank You for providing the pics :cool:

Other colors (red/blue), video of white

Reactions: Zalick

Other colors (red/blue), video of white
Really like delete on the red.

• Disagree
I spoke with the installer and they assured me the depression wasn’t them as they don’t push on the metal with any force. They said satin black makes depressions like this stand out more.

This does make sense to me because I pushed with some force on the other sides pillar and it didn’t budge at all.

I’m gonna see if a puller will smooth it out….. :/

• Disagree
🤣 “bro”. Seriously, you need help and a friend in real life. It can get better with therapy and someone to talk to, so you don’t have to feel good about yourself by sarcastically disparaging others online.
I would say enjoy your California Camry but you decided to turn it into a regular Camry.

Don’t be sad. You’re doing great at this Tesla thing. Maybe try a body kit next.

Thanks. I love my car. NAMI is a good place to start for you. Don’t be ashamed to ask for help. Good luck with life “bro”.
Yeah. You obviously love it. You love it so much you felt the need to feverishly defend it because of a comment some stranger on the internet made about it. That’s kinda weird. Not sure they have therapy for that. But you’ll figure it out I’m sure.