TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Denver area - want clear bra. Prices? Best place? Group Buy?

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by eco5280, Oct 13, 2014.

1. eco5280

eco5280 Member

I've just ordered my S so I've got a few months but I know I want a clear bra on the car as every vehicle I've ever owned has been plagued by chips on the front.

What's a good price? And recommended places? Perhaps if we got enough people interested we could work out a group buy discount, I'd be happy to take the lead.

2. rewski

rewski Member

I have got all my cars clear bra installed with Kirby and Colorado Clear Bra. I went with the full front wrap on my P85+ last year. Full hood, bumper, fenders, a-pillars and back of rear fender and top of rear bumper. He does excellent work. I think he would prefer me not sharing the price but he is very competitive. I did not have a single chip or flaw in my car until it got ha merged in the last hail storm. Just got the quote >$12k in damage. I guess clear bra does not protect the aluminum from golf ball size hail! Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

3. MrClown

MrClown Autosteer Beta Tester

That place looks promising with good reviews. I'll see about getting an estimate over the phone before the S comes in Feb. eco5280, did you decide on a place to do this yet?

4. snellenr

snellenr Member

(Wonders whether he's the only reader whose first thought was of Jane Fonda in Barbarella...)

5. eco5280

eco5280 Member

I've not decided yet - I'm getting quotes and will report back! My car arrives in 6-7 weeks so I want to get this setup so I can drive it right from Tesla to the installer.

6. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

I just had my new D partially wrapped with Xpel Ultimate by Kirby at Colorado Clear Bra. He does good work and is a pleasure to deal with.

7. BerTX

BerTX Member

I did think it sounded like a good fashion trend to get started...

8. eco5280

eco5280 Member

The phrase clear bra? It's been out in the automotive world for 10-15 years :)

9. GreeleyAutoSpa

GreeleyAutoSpa New Member

Eco5280, I would be more than happy to give you a price quote on clear bra. We offer xpel ultimate and suntek self healing clear bras. We can do full frontal wraps as well. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. Our information is in the sponsor section of Mountain/Southwest. Thank you
    Zack

10. rewski

rewski Member

I would second this recommendation. I'm getting my P85+ re-wrapped after my hail damage was repaired. He answers his phone. Remembers previous customers and fully backs all his work.

11. eco5280

eco5280 Member

I would be going to Kirby 100% (and still might) if I didn't live on the exact opposite side of town. I'm SE of Denver in the Parker/Aurora/Centennial/Lone Tree area.

12. GreeleyAutoSpa

GreeleyAutoSpa New Member

Sounds great! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns! Enjoy the new Tesla!!!

13. eco5280

eco5280 Member