Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Denver heading south?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was planning a little trip for spring break and wanting to head south to stay warm. Well, out of luck completely! No superchargers on I-25 south of Denver. So, no way to get to to Santa Fe / Albuquerque. Bummer! Even if they get the Santa Rosa, NM station up in time, that's over 300 miles from Denver. They need a station in Pueblo or Walsenburg or someplace like that on the south side of I-25. Otherwise I have to route west on I-70 and turn a 6-hour drive into a 14-hour drive! Maybe next year :(

I was planning a little trip for spring break and wanting to head south to stay warm. Well, out of luck completely! No superchargers on I-25 south of Denver. So, no way to get to to Santa Fe / Albuquerque. Bummer! Even if they get the Santa Rosa, NM station up in time, that's over 300 miles from Denver. They need a station in Pueblo or Walsenburg or someplace like that on the south side of I-25. Otherwise I have to route west on I-70 and turn a 6-hour drive into a 14-hour drive! Maybe next year :(

If you want to go to Sante Fe, and have dual chargers, take a look at Woods High Mountain Distillery — PlugShare / Wood's High Mountain Distillery in Salida.

The downtown Salida area is a great place to wander around while you top up. My usual way to save a little time is to drive the extra 30 miles through Silverthorne, charge until the Supercharger Amps drop to 35, when charging is then faster on the 70A J-plug in Salida. That's from Boulder; from Denver, it may be better to go direct to Salida.

Have fun!

I used to make that drive often, Denver to Salida, when I was young and lived up in the mountains from Salida...

Check out Supercharger.info--there is a lot going on south of Denver!

Last edited:
Salida is great! We were there last year and also went to the distillery. Also, go check out the other green dot there in Plugshare. That motel is very nice, and the staff is friendly. Be sure to read my notes about the 10-50 welding outlet that's there, if you want to charge there.