Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Denver service center is a joke!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think what the OP was expressing is that the recent influx of Model 3s has completely swamped Tesla's capabilities to provide service to all of the vehicles it sold. Its unfortunate that this is the current state of affairs. Short sighted in many respects, but it is the way it is.

Reactions: P85_DA
I was told there was an 8 hr back up? I am just so surprised that these cars are in for issues so much- 2nd year maintenance in now and changing tires out to snow. One guy says it will be done mon(took in fri) another just said its done now when last nite at 5pm when i went there to check(dropped off fri am) they said it wasnt even started yet and likely may start sat(today) and be there till monday??? Isnt the 2nd year maint pretty intensive ?I mean it should be for the cost.

I think what the OP was expressing is that the recent influx of Model 3s has completely swamped Tesla's capabilities to provide service to all of the vehicles it sold. Its unfortunate that this is the current state of affairs. Short sighted in many respects, but it is the way it is.

Please don't spread false information. I've owned my S for nearly 5 years now. When the 3's were on the way here, and I had a failed window washer pump on my S, Tesla reached out to me multiple times to get it in before the influx of 3s. So they were clearly planning ahead here. Then when our 3 needed service, it was done within a few days of making the appt. So where are you getting your data to claim that the Model 3 has "completely swamped Tesla's capabilities to service all of the vehicles it has sold" and was "short sighted"? Tesla even built a new service center here that greatly exceeded the capacity of the old one, in anticipation of the arrival of the 3.

However, if there were not some service centers with delays, Tesla would not be running efficiently. Of course, they need to be kept to a minimum, and more resources must be directed to the ones with excessive wait times, but you can't expect to get in and out of service on demand. That means labour has to sit idle at a significant cost. The delays complained about in this thread do not warrant your reply -- which is making a mountain out of a mole hill -- and are not at all in line with my experience with Tesla service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucky_Man
why was taking 'too many M3s' "silly" ? they are a tesla product, and tesla will provide them the service that they need.
It's silly because the majority of Model 3's are less than 6 months old, probably less than 3 months old actually. Having so many brand new cars require service is the silly part (or the sad part, depending on whose point of view).

Please don't spread false information. I've owned my S for nearly 5 years now. When the 3's were on the way here, and I had a failed window washer pump on my S, Tesla reached out to me multiple times to get it in before the influx of 3s. So they were clearly planning ahead here. Then when our 3 needed service, it was done within a few days of making the appt. So where are you getting your data to claim that the Model 3 has "completely swamped Tesla's capabilities to service all of the vehicles it has sold" and was "short sighted"? Tesla even built a new service center here that greatly exceeded the capacity of the old one, in anticipation of the arrival of the 3.

However, if there were not some service centers with delays, Tesla would not be running efficiently. Of course, they need to be kept to a minimum, and more resources must be directed to the ones with excessive wait times, but you can't expect to get in and out of service on demand. That means labour has to sit idle at a significant cost. The delays complained about in this thread do not warrant your reply -- which is making a mountain out of a mole hill -- and are not at all in line with my experience with Tesla service.

I hope you're correct and that I was, in fact, spreading false info. If that's the case, then I apologize for that. Time will tell and I am on Tesla's side here. Are Tesla's SCs at parity with other auto companies with respect to customer satisfaction ? Maybe so. I haven't needed service yet on my 2018 P100D, but 30-60 minute wait times to speak to a SC cause me to be suspicious.

When I bought my Tesla in June there were many complaints of unbelievably long wait times for parts, months in some cases. I hope that this situation has changed ? Anyways, I am happy that you're satisfied with Tesla service and want that to be the case for all others.

I had a good experience there last week. My center console door was broken. Made appointment online the day before, drop off was quick. They got me a lift to enterprise to get loaner. Was fixed by the end of the day. It did seem busy, and the Superior service center will be greatly appreciated when it opens

agreed !
the Three's are not bad, they are our brothers and sisters. Most
It's silly because the majority of Model 3's are less than 6 months old, probably less than 3 months old actually. Having so many brand new cars require service is the silly part (or the sad part, depending on whose point of view).
agreed, but with due respect, we dont know what they were there for. From assembly line issues to Owner issues, it could be any number of things. Its wrong of us to assume they had car issues without knowing the facts.

but with due respect, we dont know what they were there for. From assembly line issues to Owner issues, it could be any number of things. Its wrong of us to assume they had car issues without knowing the facts.
I can come up with the following reasons why cars need service in the first 3 months:
  1. Assembly issues - missing pieces, incorrectly assembled, etc
  2. Failed parts due to bad quality materials (parts break or stop working, like computer doesn't boot anymore)
  3. Failed parts due to bad design (e.g. bumpers which got ripped off of Model 3's in heavy rain, Model S mirrors which never unfolded right, etc)
  4. Accident repairs
I am not sure what you mean by "owner issues", can you clarify? I truly doubt Tesla actually accepts carts in for service for owner issues caused by not reading a manual, as they would simply have the service adviser explain to the owner that the issue they are experiencing is "as designed" rather than admit the car in for service. Are the owner issues you are referring to cars damaged by frustrated owners, for example took a brick to a Model 3 window when they couldn't open the door with their phone for example? ;)

Show me any other manufacturer that has so many brand new cars coming back to dealerships for service in the first few weeks. After my wife got stranded for the second time in her brand new Model S, she came home very annoyed and told me "I drove 2 Toyotas for 15 years and all I did was put gas in it and take it in for scheduled service!". At least before Model 3's you could get things fixed under warranty in a week or two, now it's months (a month to get in, then months to get parts).:(