Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Denver Supercharger ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest rumor this weekend on the Tesla.com forum is I-225/I-70 in Aurora. There is a Hampton Inn off Pena Blvd going to the airport. That location is technically NE of Lone Tree, and if you believe the "dots", the map suggests the "Coming Soon" location to be NW of the existing SC at Lone Tree.
Who knows.... It gets serious when permits or orange ground markings appear ...:cool:

I think I stumbled upon the new Denver SC site. It is at the Hampton Inn, 4310 Airport Way, Denver CO 80239. It looks to be 6 stalls in the very Northeast "point" on the property. I stayed at the Hampton last Sat night so I could use their J1772 charger overnight on my drive in my 2014 P85 from Las Vegas NV (home) to Wichita KS. In the morning, I saw the Tesla crates in the corner of the parking lot and walked over and snapped some pictures. I'm fairly new to the TMC forums so I don't think I can upload the photos here yet. I'm on a tight schedule here so don't have time to research how to upload...open to quick instructions from experts :) I did send the photos to BlueShift at supercharge.info, so maybe they'll surface there first.

I think I stumbled upon the new Denver SC site. It is at the Hampton Inn, 4310 Airport Way, Denver CO 80239. It looks to be 6 stalls in the very Northeast "point" on the property. I stayed at the Hampton last Sat night so I could use their J1772 charger overnight on my drive in my 2014 P85 from Las Vegas NV (home) to Wichita KS. In the morning, I saw the Tesla crates in the corner of the parking lot and walked over and snapped some pictures. I'm fairly new to the TMC forums so I don't think I can upload the photos here yet. I'm on a tight schedule here so don't have time to research how to upload...open to quick instructions from experts :) I did send the photos to BlueShift at supercharge.info, so maybe they'll surface there first.

Thanks for the report on your lucky find! The Truckee install crew said they were headed to Denver next, so it's not surprising it's under construction. The location is convenient for anyone going to/from points east on I-70, but a bit unfortunate for people coming from Cheyenne wanting enough juice to make the Eisenhower Tunnel.

Being in northeast Denver this cannot be the replacement for Lone Tree that had been discussed. Serves the airport and those limping in from Cheyenne. Lone Tree can now be made larger and relocated further out in that huge parking field.
--

Being in northeast Denver this cannot be the replacement for Lone Tree that had been discussed. Serves the airport and those limping in from Cheyenne. Lone Tree can now be made larger and relocated further out in that huge parking field.
--

Correction, this serves the airport and those coming from I-70 east, but is a pretty bad location for those coming from Cheyenne. I guess 60's coming from Cheyenne will still have to take a little detour. At least it's a little better than Lone Tree during Denver rush hour traffic. Pay a toll on E-470, and you only have to deal with core Denver traffic once.

Correction, this serves the airport and those coming from I-70 east, but is a pretty bad location for those coming from Cheyenne. I guess 60's coming from Cheyenne will still have to take a little detour. At least it's a little better than Lone Tree during Denver rush hour traffic. Pay a toll on E-470, and you only have to deal with core Denver traffic once.

Especially given the hostile weather for 5 months per year, extra Supercharging around Denver makes sense.

Coming from Cheyenne the jump across I-270 to Aurora SC isn't that bad for those continuing to Silverthorne SC. Peace of mind = priceless!

Going to Cheyenne during the PM Rush I would probably go west on 56 Ave to US85 north. That hill I-270>I-25 always backs up going up to Thornton. US85 is good all the way to Cheyenne.

Aurora SC is a big boost for the Rocky Mts! [applause]
--

I for one think that closing the Park Meadows location is a bad idea. A) They need to charge the test drive cars. B) the new I-70 location is 15 miles off I-25. Anyone going north or south through Denver is driving up to an hour of the way to get there.

So, I sent an email to the Supercharging team and got this response today:

"Thank you for your email. We received similar feedback from other customers and we are working with the Park Meadows Mall to keep the mobile Superchargers at the site for the foreseeable future. Keep checking our website for new site announcements. We appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology."

Looks like they may be keeping it open after all.

I heard the location may be changed to accomodate additional SC stalls, and get them away from the Mall door. The RTD Light Rail station on the upper east side was mentioned as a possibility. Just my guess, but the store could still park close to the mall for test drives, etc and use a couple of well placed HPWC's. Apparently the TESLA sign on the parking structure also drives a lot of traffic to the showroom.