TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Denza EV

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Adm, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Adm

Adm Active Member

2. caddieo

caddieo Member

For a car of comparable weight, the performance stats are laughable.

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Unless the price is $10K. I doubt this will be the case :)

4. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Interesting. I note that the 208 mile range figure is also quotes at an average speed of 37MPH.

I wonder what it's range at 65 would be...

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

In the photo of the instrument display there does not seem to be any indication of the remaining range, which should be the most prominent piece of displayed information. But then I noticed a tiny gas pump icon at the lower right (how odd) and "127 km" next to it. I assume that is the remaining range.

Very heavy car for only 44kW of batteries. The steel body contributes to that but that does not fully explain the high vehicle weight.

No mention of charging capabilities or rate of charge. No mention of range at highway speeds. Realistically probably less than 150 miles.

It is very interesting to see that Mercedes is teaming up with BYD and BMW with Brilliance. Tesla has to find a Chinese automotive partner to compete in China.

6. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Hmm...the Model S 85kWh pack purportedly weighs 1,500lbs. At 44kWh, that's 52% of the size, which if applied directly renders a weight of 776lbs. That leaves just over 700 lbs difference.

Is it unreasonable to conclude that using aluminum for frame, body panels, and many subcomponents could save ~700lbs?