Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Departure time not available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not seeing the option to set a Departure Time in my Tesla app.
The manual reads "To set up a scheduled departure time, go to Charging > Scheduled Departure > Schedule and follow the onscreen instructions to customize your schedule."

My car is plugged in and charging but there is no option for 'Scheduled Departure'.

What am I missing?

Thanks!!

To set the Scheduled Departure and Scheduled Charging options you need to do this from inside the Tesla vehicle via the Charging Settings screen.

First, select Scheduled Charging and enter the time you want the Tesla to complete charging. (This previously was hard coded to be 0600 your local time but now you can set the end of the charging window to be anytime you choose.) I.e. if you leave every day by 0700 you can set the charging window to end at 0645 or 0700 and charging will be completed just before you leave.

Next, set Scheduled Departure (the Tesla screen setting toggles between Scheduled Charging and Scheduled Departure.) Enter the time you plan to leave, either every day or just Monday through Friday. The Tesla vehicle will begin preconditioning the vehicle about 20 to 30 minutes before the time you enter. If the battery pack is cold then preconditioning will warm the battery pack in addition to warming the passenger cabin. Any seat heater settings you have active will be used during the preconditioning period. You can choose whether preconditioning takes place only when plugged in or even if not plugged in.

To set the Scheduled Departure and Scheduled Charging options you need to do this from inside the Tesla vehicle via the Charging Settings screen.

First, select Scheduled Charging and enter the time you want the Tesla to complete charging. (This previously was hard coded to be 0600 your local time but now you can set the end of the charging window to be anytime you choose.) I.e. if you leave every day by 0700 you can set the charging window to end at 0645 or 0700 and charging will be completed just before you leave.

Next, set Scheduled Departure (the Tesla screen setting toggles between Scheduled Charging and Scheduled Departure.) Enter the time you plan to leave, either every day or just Monday through Friday. The Tesla vehicle will begin preconditioning the vehicle about 20 to 30 minutes before the time you enter. If the battery pack is cold then preconditioning will warm the battery pack in addition to warming the passenger cabin. Any seat heater settings you have active will be used during the preconditioning period. You can choose whether preconditioning takes place only when plugged in or even if not plugged in.
Thanks a bunch for the detailed response. Really appreciate that!
👍