Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Depost Credit Card Charge Type (Code)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

I need to charge $2500 on a credit card for my Model 3 order :) For anyone who's done it already, can you tell me which code category the charge came in?

The code category will determine which credit card I use. Here are some possibilities:

Vehicle service
Travel and Transportation
Merchandise

or was it something else?

Thanks!

On AmEx mine came thru as: Transportation - Vehicle Leasing & Purchase”

Hi!

I need to charge $2500 on a credit card for my Model 3 order :) For anyone who's done it already, can you tell me which code category the charge came in?

The code category will determine which credit card I use. Here are some possibilities:

Vehicle service
Travel and Transportation
Merchandise

or was it something else?

Thanks!

Amex shows Category: Transportation - Vehicle Leasing & Purchase

Funnily, I also see my RN# on a line which says Additional Information. Amex probably gets a lot of details on the purchase ( Level 2 or maybe even Level 3) - this is probably because Tesla as a business might have negotiated lower interchange costs for a higher level of detail, and Amex is ready to forego the costs so that they can profile their customers based on what spends they make.

Just wish Tesla could have allowed whole payment by card. Get a loan and match it with lightstream, get the money in your bank account and then put the purchase on a minimum 2% cashback card, pay off the credit card from the money you have from Lightstream. Easy 1k+ cashback.

Thanks all. I was trying to see if there may be a 3% category travel or reward card for the $2500. Tesla being savvy with Amex means that 3x points is probably out. There are some cards with 3x for transportation categories and if loosely defined, may work.