TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Depost Credit Card Charge Type (Code)

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Mom of 3, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Mom of 3

Mom of 3 Member

Hi!

I need to charge $2500 on a credit card for my Model 3 order :) For anyone who's done it already, can you tell me which code category the charge came in?

The code category will determine which credit card I use. Here are some possibilities:

Vehicle service
    Travel and Transportation
    Merchandise

or was it something else?

Thanks!

2. rodrego

rodrego Member

Mine came through my VISA as “Auto & Transport - Service & Parts”. Hope this helps!

3. PLUGZIN

PLUGZIN Member

On AmEx mine came thru as: Transportation - Vehicle Leasing & Purchase”

4. rhummer

rhummer Member

On my Discover it came through as 'Automotive'

5. agastya

agastya Member

Amex shows Category: Transportation - Vehicle Leasing & Purchase

Funnily, I also see my RN# on a line which says Additional Information. Amex probably gets a lot of details on the purchase ( Level 2 or maybe even Level 3) - this is probably because Tesla as a business might have negotiated lower interchange costs for a higher level of detail, and Amex is ready to forego the costs so that they can profile their customers based on what spends they make.

Just wish Tesla could have allowed whole payment by card. Get a loan and match it with lightstream, get the money in your bank account and then put the purchase on a minimum 2% cashback card, pay off the credit card from the money you have from Lightstream. Easy 1k+ cashback.

6. Mom of 3

Mom of 3 Member

Thanks all. I was trying to see if there may be a 3% category travel or reward card for the $2500. Tesla being savvy with Amex means that 3x points is probably out. There are some cards with 3x for transportation categories and if loosely defined, may work.

7. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Nope it doesn’t get 3X on the reserve. Use unlimited.

• Like x 1