Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Depreciation 2014S 85kw-13 monts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well just had my 2014 (old s) appraised by Tesla. It went from 49900 to 28900 in just 12 months.
no damage and 65k miles.
That's a huge drop. Like massive drop considering new it was 89000. Makes me wonder of the honesty of Tesla.

Are you talking trade in vs retail?
I am pretty sure that you could sell a S85 with 65k miles for high 30s pretty easily.
The Model 3 has the potential to hurt old Model S values pretty hard. But that hasn't been the reality.
$50k a year ago was a bit high but hard to know without condition and options.

Are you talking trade in vs retail?
I am pretty sure that you could sell a S85 with 65k miles for high 30s pretty easily.
The Model 3 has the potential to hurt old Model S values pretty hard. But that hasn't been the reality.
$50k a year ago was a bit high but hard to know without condition and options.

Nice to see another Cary person here!

Yes, I agree with this as well.

Well just had my 2014 (old s) appraised by Tesla. It went from 49900 to 28900 in just 12 months.
no damage and 65k miles.
That's a huge drop. Like massive drop considering new it was 89000. Makes me wonder of the honesty of Tesla.

They probably have a harder time moving higher mileage RWD cars with no AP.

If you think it is worth much more than, list it for sale privately on the For Sale section of this forum.

If all goes well, you'd get more and a forum member will find a decent car at a reasonable price.

no damage and 65k miles.
For price comparison.... I bought my pristine condition 2013 S RWD in August 2018, for $43K. It only had 24K miles on it. Subsequently, totaled it 8 weeks later (and 8K miles added) and insurance gave me $42.8K payoff.