Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Derrick Crowe for Congress - Running against Lamar Smith

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ggies07

Nov 8, 2012
DFW
Just on the topic of climate change, I think we all need to support and vote for Derrick Crowe so he can kick Lamar Smith out.

Derrick Crowe for Congress

FIGHTING CLIMATE CHANGE
Science tells us that human-caused climate change is real. We must get our carbon emissions down to net zero to preserve a livable climate for everyone, not just those betting that their wealth will let them weather the storm.

We should implement a carbon fee and dividend system to spur innovation and slow emissions, but that's not enough. We need a Marshall-Plan-style program to electrify our energy system using solar and wind power, strong efficiency standards, and regulations to cram down carbon emissions in time to avoid catastrophic climate change.

Plus, those of us that keep up with AI and automation(ex. What Elon wants to do to the factories) Derrick is a forward thinker in this category as well:

ACT ON AUTOMATION
We must come to grips with the real implications of the coming deep automation of our economy so that mass automation doesn’t destroy the income of millions of Americans.

Last edited:
Words are inexpensive. What has he done in his lifetime toward ecology issues?
True. Simple searched pulled this up:

Climate organizer Derrick Crowe challenges worst climate denier in Congress

He worked in communications and political outreach for nonprofits including Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, Brave New Foundation, and the Austin-based Center for Public Policy Priorities. He also founded, operated, and sold a small business in Austin (Mothership Books and Games). Crowe worked in the anti-war and climate justice movements for years and was an organizer of anti-Trump protests during the 2016 election cycle.

Getting Lamar out is the key and I think this guy seems like the right type to do it.

HAHAHA!!! He identifies himself as a 'science nerd'. A BA in Political Science? How many semesters of calculus does that require in Texas? His biggest Climate Change Move? Leaving his spot under Pelosi's desk and returning to Texas.

I believe in climate change as a science, not a religion, or political affiliation. We always screw the pooch when we have unqualified people defining science. Electron transfer does not involve diversity.

Focus. Get somebody with some experience in cutting edge green technologies, not somebody who flunked science so went into politics instead.

Last edited:
ok, so you tell me who would be a better choice that is running against Lamar. If this is all we have, it's all we have. Better than nothing....time is not on our side....

First, find out what the voters want their representative to do. Then do it. Get good at it. Then run for office. Then win. Without the voters behind you, it does not matter if you have the best intentions if you cannot win the election.

BOOM. If you respect Bill McKibben, like I do, in the environmental area, then this should be a delight!

When describing why he's endorsing my run for Congress, Bill said:

"Derrick Crowe has long been active in the fight for a working environmental future, and now it's very good to see him enter the political arena. We badly need people like him who are willing to stand up to climate denial and help us forge a clean and prosperous future."