Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design center now shows 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Available as an option on all 70kwh cars.

It has to mean all 70's purchased today right? Can't imagine you can upgrade a 2015?

I'm pretty sure you're correct - as some at articles have suggested, I think it means they switched entirely to the higher capacity cells that are in the 90 and 75 sometime recently, rather than carry the old 85 cells forward. It's not immediately obvious when they made the switch - I think I saw an April 11th build date quoted somewhere?

See the screen shots from 70D to 75D
Nothing from a range per Miles changes on the site, just a note that states 75Kw add 19 Miles at a cost of $3,000.
0-60 does not change still 5.2 Sec
Top Speed does not change still 140MPG
Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 8.41.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 8.45.08 AM.png

See the screen shots from 70D to 75D
Nothing from a range per Miles changes on the site, just a note that states 75Kw add 19 Miles at a cost of $3,000.
0-60 does not change still 5.2 Sec
Top Speed does not change still 140MPG
View attachment 175444 View attachment 175445
While it is helpful information it seems like Tesla forgot to update that info since the range is the same. Hopefully they will update it soon :)

Soo.... is it 15 or 19... and can I add it after delivery for the same price?

Because Now I'm thinking... let's do this thing! Buy a S70D and if I need that range, i buy it later... a S75D gives up FIVE miles from my S85...

If someone can confirm the new AP camera setup... it might just push me over the edge once I know what that means for me...

Reactions: TaoJones
Not to say you're wrong but 0-100 kph is 0.2-0.3 sec more than 0-60 mph the difference may come from two people living in two different countries using two different measurement unit. I guess we are about to see a quicker 0-60 time. Either 5.0 or 5.1
Sorry xG35, Tellotes, and Colsla, I think you all three might be slightly confused. xG35 probably looked at the US site and thought it was showing 0-100kph (why would the US site have shown a metric statistic?). Tellotes didn't realize xG35 was talking about kph, and Colsla I think you missed that xG35 stated that performance number came from the US site. I think it's unlikely this upgrade will have a performance boost, just as the 85-90 kwh upgrade did not have a performance increase.

• Helpful
Reactions: Colsla
Soo.... is it 15 or 19... and can I add it after delivery for the same price?

Because Now I'm thinking... let's do this thing! Buy a S70D and if I need that range, i buy it later... a S75D gives up FIVE miles from my S85...

If someone can confirm the new AP camera setup... it might just push me over the edge once I know what that means for me...
It's very odd the page says "up to 15" in one spot, and 19 in another. My money is on 19. The 85 to 90 upgrade added 16 miles I believe. It makes sense that a 5 kwh hour upgrade in a lighter car would add more range to the 70 than it did to the 85. Also, the refresh seemed to add range to the 90D and P90D, but the 70D hadn't seen an increase.

Last edited:
It's very odd the page says "up to 15" in one spot, and 19 in another. My money is on 19. The 85 to 90 upgrade added 16 miles I believe. It makes sense that a 5 kwh hour upgrade in a lighter car would add more range to the 70 than it did to the 85.

I wonder how the 15/19 relates to the five or six miles Tesla voluntarily took off of the 70D EPA rating?

Just to make it more confusing, according to the design studio in Europe it only adds 12 miles or 20 km.... (if though NEDC rating is usually much more generous - or unrealistic - than EPA).

Screen Shot 05-06-16 at 09.18 AM.PNG