Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design Flaw on Screen

Do you have the same problem and do you feel the mirror visual is the answer

• The screen is fine.

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • I like the mirror indicator better.

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my hands are at 9 and 3 on the steering wheel my right hand blocks the visual of a car in my blind spot on the left. There is no audio alert so i have to move the hand to check the image which is awkward. The Driver and Passenger mirror should have the indicator that lights as most people check mirrors first anyway.

I'm pretty sure that the view will be blocked at some hand position by everyone. For me, in most conventional cars, I can never see the speedometer because of the top of the steering wheel.

I'll agree that the mirrors may be nice, but then again, there are a lot of cars with none of the above.

When my hands are at 9 and 3 on the steering wheel my right hand blocks the visual of a car in my blind spot on the left. There is no audio alert so i have to move the hand to check the image which is awkward. The Driver and Passenger mirror should have the indicator that lights as most people check mirrors first anyway.

Adjust your mirrors correctly and you won't have a blind spot.

Avoiding The Blind Spot

Adjust your mirrors correctly and you won't have a blind spot.

Avoiding The Blind Spot

Those sensors aren't reliable anyway. Just today, there was car stupidly riding in my right blind spot, sometime 1-2 car lengths back, sometimes almost right next to me. I knew he was there, but my display wasn't showing anything. I have my mirrors adjusted properly, but he was at the edge of my peripheral vision when looking straight and not visible unless I turned my head to shoulder check like I normally would when changing lanes.

Reactions: Petra
The mirror adjustment is important. Corporate safety training using the “Smith Driving Method” recommends mirror placement the same as link from knightshade. It would be nice if there was some kind of beep if a vehicle is in the blind spot and the turn signal is turned on. However, regardless of beep or indication in mirror; the safest practice is still to check mirrors and do a quick over the shoulder glance before making the lane change.

an option for a beep or chime (for those that want it) should be easy for them to add to sound when the turn signal is activated and a car is in the blindspot.. They obviously can't do anything about the mirror that doesn't have a blindspot light for a car that's already built.

Reactions: dhrivnak
In the mirrors is much more useful. My car has it on the A pillar. Stupid placement.

And I have my mirrors set wide so I can more easily scan for cops or other drivers further out, not in my blindspot (I turn my head to physically check). So having an assistant is nice for me.