TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Design Studio Has More Views -- New Options Coming?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by iadbound, May 21, 2014.

1. iadbound

iadbound Member

I noticed last night that Tesla's Design Studio has added four new views of the car (yes I'm still trying to figure out what to order and when). One shows a a different angle of the exterior and three add new interior views (two of the driver side area and one overhead view).

I couldn't help but wonder if Tesla is about to roll out some new interior option(s) that will be shown off in the new views. I saw on one regional thread that Alcantara dash inserts are being offered http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/31234-Optional-New-Feature%21, but other than that I couldn't really guess what Tesla might have up its sleeve, if anything.

2. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

Those same angles / views were there when I ordered my car in 2012. They disappeared when they added new, improved renderings, but now it looks like they have returned, with the new renderings.

3. Ames

Ames Member

True, but this time we can see a bit of the Yacht Floor. Also RHD countries (e.g. Hong Kong, UK) have a new Alcantara Dash option...

4. Pilot_51

Pilot_51 Member

Those views are nice, though they seem to be missing some renderings for textile seats. What I would really like to see is a 360 degree rendering of the outside and perhaps something similar for the inside.

5. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

De gustibus non est disputandum.

6. Beckler

Beckler Member

Agreed. I made a similar point over on this thread 'Design Studio' on Tesla website needs improvement

You should be able to see the car in fullscreen glory, especially since many buyers will never even see the car in person before buying - and certainly never in their exact configuration...