Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Model X' started by K-MTG, Apr 8, 2016.
Progress... Design studio for Model X opens on Monday! 100D?
Hopefully I can order a sunshade!
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk Verified account @elonmusk
Model X review by @Danneilwsj http://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-model-x-electric-meets-extravagant-1460046720?ru=yahoo?mod=yahoo_itp… Model X w decent options is ~$78k. Still exp, but less so. Configurator opens Mon.
10:09 PM - 8 Apr 2016
Wow I have been waiting for model X for this many years and finally the design studio is open, and I still don't have model X yet. This is definitely ironically funny.
Is this tweet deleted? Don't see it here: Elon Musk (@elonmusk) | Twitter
'Price drop' price is probably just the price of the car with some options and with tax credits.
You will get your X (and sunshade hopefully) the day after the design studio opens...one day wait right?
Elon deleted his original tweet but still confirms the design studio in another tweet.
The reserve button is still open too, but it doesn't mean newcomers jump ahead of old reservations.
I have configured and ordered a 70D. Do you think new 90D and P90D orders confirmed after Monday will be produced before my 70D?
Yes, the tweet was deleted. Please go to this thread to see the original tweet: Design Studio Opens Monday
I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same to the 70D as they did to the 40 model S. Remove it for "lack of demand"
Then what, upgrade those customers to 90D with a new upgrade charge, or at no cost to customer? If the latter, you'd have an angry bunch of 90D reservists/owners crying foul. Same question if they offered a 100D and/or P100D. What then for cars already delivered as far as upgrade fee, and what about the non-VIN assigned confirmed orders already out there waiting for queueing that are 90D and P90D's? What might they say or pay to upgrade before VIN gets assigned, locking them into their confirmed configurations?
Lots of pondering, but no solid answers until we see what news Elon offers us in 48 hours.
Aha! Awesome. Moderators: please merge my original post with that thread, take out the "price drop" part and delete this thread.
I suspect there won't be any X changes, but if there are it's unlikely that a lower end model would be entirely removed. More likely would be to bump the 70 to an 80 to boost the appeal.
Speculation is meaningless, but sometimes fun, so my guess would be that any battery change is just going to be the introduction of a 100 battery at a price point above the 90 for the S and maybe for the X. (i.e. The lineup would now be 70, 90, 100) As long as the 100 is priced above the current price of the 90, customer complaints get minimized. Then six months down the road, you phase out the 90 and bump the 70 to an 80.
It will be interesting to see if they keep the X and S in lockstep for battery options.
Where is the design studio? It looks like we got a recall instead.
another rumor run aground into the rocks....
But this rumor was from Elon himself
he’s too busy counting model 3 reservations to keep track of the days......