Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design Studio Opens Monday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect there won't be any X changes, but if there are it's unlikely that a lower end model would be entirely removed. to be the introduction of a 100 battery at a price point above the 90 for the S and maybe As long as the 100 is priced above the current price of the 90, customer complaints get minimized

I don't know how minimized the complain will be, but I am sure one super upset customer! I do not care about price increase, only about the max capability of the Model X money can buy. If they indeed increase to 100D. This makes my model X no longer max capable without even drivin for 200 miles. I will be super super mega mad!

I don't know how minimized the complain will be, but I am sure one super upset customer! I do not care about price increase, only about the max capability of the Model X money can buy. If they indeed increase to 100D. This makes my model X no longer max capable without even drivin for 200 miles. I will be super super mega mad!

Will you still be mad if they were to give you a sunshade?

Okay, I will stop now...

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same to the 70D as they did to the 40 model S. Remove it for "lack of demand"

The thing to remember is the 40kWh pack was a different design that the 60/85 kWh so the cost of bringing the 40kWh to market was not worth the orders they had, which is why they then ended up delivering software limited 60 kWh packs to simplify life and conserve capital.

. Ha - you got the range you paid for. Just because more range is now available doesn't mean your range has diminished. Enjoy the car!

. Ha - you got the range you paid for. Just because more range is now available doesn't mean your range has diminished. Enjoy the car!

Wow, you guys really got a big heart on Tesla. I love Tesla to death, don't get my wrong. But getting an iPhone 6 and two weeks later iPhone 7 came out does not seems to be a good thing IMO. I think maybe Tesla should wait for at least a year to release 100D.

Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
Wow, you guys really got a big heart on Tesla. I love Tesla to death, don't get my wrong. But getting an iPhone 6 and two weeks later iPhone 7 came out does not seems to be a good thing IMO.

I don't understand. How long should Apple take the iPhone 6 off the market before announcing the iPhone 7? Even when the new models come out, people still buy the old ones.

Tesla should come out with the 100D ASAP. They should show the world that they are not resting and are constantly moving the state of the art.

Reactions: 1208
I don't understand. How long should Apple take the iPhone 6 off the market before announcing the iPhone 7? Even when the new models come out, people still buy the old ones.

Tesla should come out with the 100D ASAP. They should show the world that they are not resting and are constantly moving the state of the art.

I would assume you did not order the X?

I was about to write a book here explaining the reason why introducing 100D now is not a good idea. Now i don't think i should, because it's too obvious, too simple to understand it's not good idea. Unless one thing, and one thing only, Tesla main goal is to screw up on their early adaptors and punish them not only the long years of wait time, also a brand new outdated vehicle and also be lab rat to make sure they are pissed all the way without recovery! If that is the intention of Tesla, Tesla won't be around any longer. So the bottom line is it's very very rare to see 100D be introduced right after 90D was barely built for Model X.

BTW, if people think they should have 100D right now, maybe 2 weeks later 105D or 110D should be introduced as well after 100D. Again, no bash on Tesla and whatever decision they try to make. But if they don't wait and get 100D out right now, they will sure have one angry customer like myself and some others.

I was about to write a book here explaining the reason why introducing 100D now is not a good idea. Now i don't think i should, because it's too obvious, too simple to understand it's not good idea. Unless one thing, and one thing only, Tesla main goal is to screw up on their early adaptors and punish them not only the long years of wait time, also a brand new outdated vehicle and also be lab rat to make sure they are pissed all the way without recovery! If that is the intention of Tesla, Tesla won't be around any longer. So the bottom line is it's very very rare to see 100D be introduced right after 90D was barely built for Model X.

BTW, if people think they should have 100D right now, maybe 2 weeks later 105D or 110D should be introduced as well after 100D. Again, no bash on Tesla and whatever decision they try to make. But if they don't wait and get 100D out right now, they will sure have one angry customer like myself and some others.

I heard a rumor about a special sunshade edition?

Wow, you guys really got a big heart on Tesla. I love Tesla to death, don't get my wrong. But getting an iPhone 6 and two weeks later iPhone 7 came out does not seems to be a good thing IMO. I think maybe Tesla should wait for at least a year to release 100D.

I get what you are saying but the iPhone is a bad example as it is pretty well known what time of the year Apple updates their flagship model these days.

Why can't Tesla release a 100D tomorrow AND offer an upgrade at the same (or close) cost as the price difference between the 90D and the 100D? This would 'hurt' no one as you would have the opportunity as anyone else to be driving a 'top of the line' Model X as anyone else.

I took delivery of my car in Sept 2014. Two weeks after taking delivery Autopilot and the D were introduced. I was initially upset until I realized I got exactly what I ordered. Would I have preferred AWD and autopilot, yes. Did I get screwed? Definitely not. I made a decision to buy the car knowing it would improve over time.

If a 90d has the range you need, buy it. If you feel you need more range, wait until the 130d is offered. I bet the autopilot suite will be better then anyway. In the meantime, I'll continue happily driving my Classic Tesla.

Why can't Tesla release a 100D tomorrow AND offer an upgrade at the same (or close) cost as the price difference between the 90D and the 100D? This would 'hurt' no one as you would have the opportunity as anyone else to be driving a 'top of the line' Model X as anyone else.
I would agree with that, but what about signature cars. Do they get discounted or free? When is the configurator going to open up?