Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design Studio Opens Monday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice that the 20" wheel options in the X design studio now say they come with all-season tires? I wonder if Tesla was tired of getting an ear full from all of us who originally configured 20" wheels, which were supposed to have all-season tires, and then trying to change us to summer tires? Hmmm...

It's just not production...it's also "demand and supply"
It also says May delivery for a 90D. That is quite a surprise - particularly for the many of us still waiting for our cars. Production must really be ramping up now.

Yeah, I can't believe their optimism anymore. They should really say June and then surprise people with early May deliveries if everything works out. I'm not sure why they would want to disappoint more people with late deliveries than they have already. Considering I still don't have evidence that my vehicle is in production and my delivery window is still listed as March on the TM website, I'm not that impressed by Tesla's ability to forecast things or even communicate about delays.

Anyone else notice that the 20" wheel options in the X design studio now say they come with all-season tires? I wonder if Tesla was tired of getting an ear full from all of us who originally configured 20" wheels, which were supposed to have all-season tires, and then trying to change us to summer tires? Hmmm...
That's just for the X90D and has been that way since they made the tire changes a couple months ago. The XP90D still shows ALL tire options get summer tires.

I also noticed that the "Dark Ash Wood Décor" is the new default on the X configurator while "Matte Obeche Wood Décor" is an upgrade. I would have preferred having the "Dark Ash Wood Décor" but wanted to save $750. Hopefully the "Matte Obeche Wood Décor" will match my Tan seats and black headliner interior.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 3.52.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 3.52.29 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
Wow, you guys really got a big heart on Tesla. I love Tesla to death, don't get my wrong. But getting an iPhone 6 and two weeks later iPhone 7 came out does not seems to be a good thing IMO. I think maybe Tesla should wait for at least a year to release 100D.
So Apple should never release the iPhone 7 and Tesla should never release > 90 kWh? Or are you saying they should both should suspend all sales/deliveries for a full year whenever a new version / capacity is announced? /confused

Reactions: Sigma4Life
So Apple should never release the iPhone 7 and Tesla should never release > 90 kWh? Or are you saying they should both should suspend all sales/deliveries for a full year whenever a new version / capacity is announced? /confused

No, i am sorry to confuse you. I meant they should space them apart. So you don't have two groups of people having two variations at the same time with one been the better version. Another word, if Model X owners got their car already over couple of month, i think it's good for refresh. If Model X owners just starting to receive their cars and a newer hardware version comes out, it's not always a good idea. You count from the first major group of people who received the car and the duration of that version, next version should be spaced apart. If not, you will see 110D 3 month later after 100D was released. Give the early buyer a choice to upgrade or give early buyers a chance to have the latest toy for sometime before you obsolete them. Hopefully i made it somewhat more clear for you. Thanks.

Reactions: WilliamZ
'Price drop' price is probably just the price of the car with some options and with tax credits.
Yes, Model X price went up, but only for the base level battery (but it's a bigger battery). It went from $80K for the 70D to $83K for the 75D. Those who configured and confirmed the 70D at the earlier price get the 75D for that price. Bonus! The 90D and P90D prices stayed the same.

But Elon's Tweeted price was post-incentives. There is no Model X for $78K pre-incentives. If you're in California, a 75D Model X with AutoPilot and 6 seats would be $88,500 ($78,500 after $10K in federal and state incentives). This is probably what he meant.

I am not owner. The car is 70D delivered in January 2016. He drove about 3000KM.
The car have not any accidents after delivery car. The road is perfect.
Band ! When he wanted to brake car and the car slip
When he got off , He found the rear axle shaft broken and the brake pad fly out but the car has not any collision .
So this is third party hearsay then? It's certainly something you can post about but the fact that you were not the one it happened to reduces the credibility of any of the supporting evidence.

But in any case, this is the completely wrong thread for this discussion. We're talking about the Model X design studio being open to the public, not accidents in a Model S.

So this is third party hearsay then? It's certainly something you can post about but the fact that you were not the one it happened to reduces the credibility of any of the supporting evidence.

But in any case, this is the completely wrong thread for this discussion. We're talking about the Model X design studio being open to the public, not accidents in a Model S.
Someone incorrectly merged the threads and apparently it's too difficult to split them back up. Best to just let that other discussion die out.

Reactions: MrBoylan
Someone incorrectly merged the threads and apparently it's too difficult to split them back up. Best to just let that other discussion die out.
I just did a quick scroll through the thread. The damaged Chinese S posts are no longer here. At least I didn't see the pictures. If there is still a random reply to those I didn't notice but if you report it I'm sure the Mods will move it.

Back to the X design studio....glad to see it live for everyone to play with!

Reactions: MrBoylan
I just did a quick scroll through the thread. The damaged Chinese S posts are no longer here. At least I didn't see the pictures. If there is still a random reply to those I didn't notice but if you report it I'm sure the Mods will move it.

Back to the X design studio....glad to see it live for everyone to play with!

It was changed to "Broken Axle BS" and locked/hidden :p