Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design studio says delivery in 1 month if you order a P85 today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
The design studio on Tesla's website is stating if you order a P85 today (4/7) that it will be delivered in 1 month.

modelsdeliver1mo.jpg

I find this difficult to believe considering the number of people waiting on P85's. I put down my deposit in 2011, finalized in Jan, and then again in early March to add the 3rd row and I'm being told my car will hit end of line 4/29, with delivery hopefully mid-May. Based on the website I would be better off canceling my order and submitting a new one (price changes not withstanding.) Does anyone else find the website to be a little misleading?

I really believe that if one orders ALL THE TOYS and the invoice is over $85k, you move to the front of the line. That has concerned me for awhile. Those of us whose cars are in the less than $85k price tag will be build only reluctantly as time allows. It makes little sense, as I have probably 10-15 people who cant wait to see my car, and would be serious buyers are unable to experience my car, because some others are moved up. Been waiting since Oct 2011, can still wait a little longer.

I really believe that if one orders ALL THE TOYS and the invoice is over $85k, you move to the front of the line. That has concerned me for awhile. Those of us whose cars are in the less than $85k price tag will be build only reluctantly as time allows. It makes little sense, as I have probably 10-15 people who cant wait to see my car, and would be serious buyers are unable to experience my car, because some others are moved up. Been waiting since Oct 2011, can still wait a little longer.

You'd be in yours already if you had air suspension.

You'd be in yours already if you had air suspension.

You are probably correct. My friend ordered a similar car, with AAS, about 3 mos after me and he is driving for about a month. When I was discussing it with the rep on the phone, I thought it was an option that really didnt provide value for me. I live in Fl, so no snowdrifts to get over, I got the std 19 wheels so he said the car is already pretty low to the ground and on the website it stated that the AAS may reduce battery distance. It appeared to me something I didnt need, and would probably cost about $5k to repair 5-8 yrs from now if it breaks. In the end, I will probably be very satisfied and there are significant benefits to waiting. The production people get better at their jobs, problems get noticed and corrected. I have to get passed the NEED vs WANT feelings as I really dont NEED a car right now it is more about WANT. anyway will probably be driving in the next few weeks. Will be Happy after all.