Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Desktop Supercharger Phone Charger from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nerdy_Engineer

Brett - The Nerdy Engineer
Sep 22, 2016
Colorado
Tesla just launched a desktop supercharger smartphone charger on their website. The best part is it's only $45! I just ordered one, can't wait to get it!

Desktop Supercharger

8756722-00-A_5.jpg

Anyone actually have one of these yet? The pictures on the site seem to indicate that you have to somehow thread a charging cable of your choice through the bottom up one side, right?

Also looks like you need to rest the plug end of the cable up in the corner as there is no place to "plug" it in when not in use. A real supercharger has a holster to plug the cable end in when not in use, doesn't seem like it for these.

The pictures also look like this is 100x better than those 3d printed ones on ebay, should make a nice XMAS gift!

• Funny
Reactions: bmah
Update: figured it out. The front plate comes off which gives you more access to thread the cable through. Definitely not straight forward, left some marks on the plastic while doing it.

Tesla if you're reading this, probably better to ship disassembled.

View attachment 262135 View attachment 262136
Thanks. I was puzzled. wanted to mark this as helpful but can't figure out how.

Update: figured it out. The front plate comes off which gives you more access to thread the cable through. Definitely not straight forward, left some marks on the plastic while doing it.

Tesla if you're reading this, probably better to ship disassembled.

View attachment 262135 View attachment 262136
Thanks! You saved me a lot of pain. Tesla should definitely include instructions for this item.