Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Desparately - DESPARATELY need Someone to Sell Me Their Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand why you think you want a Tesla at all. You constantly complain on this board about how the company treats its customers. You've been mostly negative about everything Tesla. So why get any closer to that by actually owning a Tesla vehicle?

Really? Please tell me this - when is the last time you started a GoFundMe to raise money for the person who created and runs supercharge.info? Or are you saying that was negative also on my part?

Supercharge.info - GoFundMe for Blueshift (Round 2)

Blueshift's Fund - Supercharge.info (this is the first one I did in Feb 2015)

And also note that I have NEVER posted my feelings on Tesla service since I do not have a Tesla. I have only re-posted what OTHERS are posting right here in the TMC forums - real owners, real experiences. And I post these in the Investors thread. How you feel about Tesla the car (and the company) is totally different than what you may or may not feel about the stock. I re-post owners comments about their experiences with the car and the company in the investors thread to get other investors' feedback to help me decide on investments. Sometimes I present them in a negative light because it triggers the most reaction and I can get a lot of feedback on what others think of the negative experiences some owners have had.

Nonetheless, if you would like, I will gladly show you my 5 year old long position in Tesla. I've never sold a single share. Would you be willing to do the same? I have a significant amount of money invested in Tesla (at last to me) - you better believe I am going to look at ALL aspects of the company - especially owner experiences. That doesn't mean I don't love Tesla, Musk, or that I don't want one so bad it's killing me - even with some of the horror stories RIGHT HERE ON TMC.

Plan A: Buy the crummiest, lowest-of-the-low ICE car for the least possible amount. "We are saving money," you say. She will grow to loathe it as the techiest gadget is self-locking doors. At the end of a year (two, max), she will practically leap into a Model 3 -- and by that time, they ought to be more readily available. Or else a CPO Model S...

Plan B: Lease a hybrid car that you won't mind driving for the next couple of years. A Chevy Volt or Toyota Prius comes to mind. Neither one is a bad car; neither one is a eye-popping car. Not in the same league as a Tesla. But it ought to convince her of the advantages of an electric car without forcing it on her.

Plan C: Hand her a blank check and stay out of it. This is really her car. She should be able to get what she wants.

-- Ardie
"Oh look, honey! A Porsche Panamera Hybrid!"

Reactions: Swift
Man, I have been waiting for a Tesla to come into my price range for 4 years now. I am OH so close, but my wife needs a new car BADLY. If I don't find a good deal on a Tesla in a few days, I'm gong to have to break down and buy a new ICE car - and I swore I had bought my last ICE car the very minute I saw my first Tesla.

Someone save me! Please!
I doubt mine is in your price range but I'm selling my 2016 P100D that's loaded. Let me know if you are interested.

Attachments

• IMG_6395.jpg
    IMG_6395.jpg
    754.4 KB · Views: 72
For the OP, relief is at hand already in the form of a CPO AP1 car (already having sold for $40K-$48K) else waiting a couple of years for a CPO Model 3 with AP2 *twitch* in the $25K range.

The math is simple - when yer monthly payment is LTOE the cost of gas, oil, and routine maintenance, it's time to secure an EV.

Pretty soon, money won't be the problem. As far as everything else, well, that's on the OP.

And a decent OA can find the OP such a car - start by looking up SoCalJimmy and ask for his OA contact info.

Even today, for most people, there's little to no reason to buy an ICE. But it sounds like that's what the OP will do - so, fine - just lease it for 36 months and plan ahead this time.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cowby and Eclectic
For the OP, relief is at hand already in the form of a CPO AP1 car (already having sold for $40K-$48K) else waiting a couple of years for a CPO Model 3 with AP2 *twitch* in the $25K range.

The math is simple - when yer monthly payment is LTOE the cost of gas, oil, and routine maintenance, it's time to secure an EV.

Pretty soon, money won't be the problem. As far as everything else, well, that's on the OP.

And a decent OA can find the OP such a car - start by looking up SoCalJimmy and ask for his OA contact info.

Even today, for most people, there's little to no reason to buy an ICE. But it sounds like that's what the OP will do - so, fine - just lease it for 36 months and plan ahead this time.

Survived the weekend with no ICE purchase or lease. I still have hope!

What does "OA" stand for?

I agree with what you're saying about the costs associated with gas cars that have to be accounted for. Additionally, I find great value in my wife never having to stop for gas during her daily drive. Or that dreadful moment on a Sunday evening when she suddenly says, "oh, I forgot I need gas. Do you mind taking my car and filling it up?" Yes Dear. :eek:

Survived the weekend with no ICE purchase or lease. I still have hope!

What does "OA" stand for?

I agree with what you're saying about the costs associated with gas cars that have to be accounted for. Additionally, I find great value in my wife never having to stop for gas during her daily drive. Or that dreadful moment on a Sunday evening when she suddenly says, "oh, I forgot I need gas. Do you mind taking my car and filling it up?" Yes Dear. :eek:
(des·per·ate·ly) It helps if your correct the spelling on the thread header.

The car is for primarily for you wife, not you. Get her what she wants. Arm twisting her into getting a Tesla now, especially being far from a service center, is going to lead to heartache and pain. I don't want to see you back on the forum in a few months complaining about some bad experience she had with the car leading to her never wanting to drive it again.

There are plenty of other used all electric vehicles of many different makes, that will go well beyond your wife's stated normal range of driving.

Examples of (all electric) used cars well under $10,000: Nissan Leaf, Fiat 500e, Ford Focus EV, Chevy Spark EV, Smart EV, etc...

Cut your teeth on a less expensive all electric, now, and then move to Tesla if you still want in the future.

Please do not buy an ICE! There are so many capable BEV vehicles! Many of us here, have had and still have, other electric vehicles besides Tesla.

Last edited:
There are plenty of other used all electric vehicles of many different makes, that will go well beyond your wife's stated normal range of driving.

Examples of (all electric) used cars well under $10,000: Nissan Leaf, Fiat 500e, Ford Focus EV, Chevy Spark EV, Smart EV, etc...

Cut your teeth on a less expensive all electric, now, and then move to Tesla if you still want in the future.

Please do not buy an ICE! There are so many capable BEV vehicles! Many of us here, have had and still have, other electric vehicles besides Tesla.

Sorry, I will NEVER put my wife in a car that small (safety wise). Plus, we occasionally use her car for day and weekend trips. None of those are even close to being able to take on a trip.