Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Desperate after M3P accident [parts unavailability]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in an accident in my 2022 M3P in February and my car has been at an authorized body shop since. All the body parts necessary to begin the repairs have arrived at the body shop except for the right hand assembly cowl side. The body shop was informed by the Tesla inventory individual that this part is on global back order with no eta when it will be in stock which seems odd since I assume new cars also require this same part and are currently being delivered. I am desperate as Tesla was no help as I called the sales line in a desperate attempt to get a hold of someone with knowledge of parts inventory and I was told to contact the repair shop which I have for two months now. Any ideas how to find out when this part will be in inventory again?

As the quote I am about to post says, I have no idea if this is still valid but you can try it:

I have no idea if this is still accurate, but some older information on TMC in a few threads had the following information. You can try this, but again, I have zero idea if it still exists, the support workflow, etc.

=================================

For Body shop or collision repair issues, you can get a Tesla Body Shop Customer Advocate to assist you by emailing us ([email protected]) or calling 877-798-3752 (press 2, then 4

Thanks for the responses guys just got news that the part should be back in stock mid May which again I still think is crazy considering the same part is required to deliver new vehicles. Just FYI this email ([email protected]) returns an automated reply that states this email is no longer monitored and does not support direct messages and that emails will not receive a response and the phone number (877-798-3752) does connect to Tesla but nobody I spoke to had a clue how to find out a if a part is currently under inventory or not. I guess Tesla is prioritizing new vehicles and people like me will be at their mercy if you happen to be in an accident. But even more puzzling is why Tesla does not have a customer service number for current owners just like most car companies have. Again thanks anyways for the help!

Thanks for the responses guys just got news that the part should be back in stock mid May which again I still think is crazy considering the same part is required to deliver new vehicles. Just FYI this email ([email protected]) returns an automated reply that states this email is no longer monitored and does not support direct messages and that emails will not receive a response and the phone number (877-798-3752) does connect to Tesla but nobody I spoke to had a clue how to find out a if a part is currently under inventory or not. I guess Tesla is prioritizing new vehicles and people like me will be at their mercy if you happen to be in an accident. But even more puzzling is why Tesla does not have a customer service number for current owners just like most car companies have. Again thanks anyways for the help!

Thanks for that feedback. Now I know not to give anyone that email address anymore.

This has always been the case for Tesla, and I'm not sure other automakers are that different. Parts for new cars make money for the automaker and makes their sales numbers look good for the stock market, parts for repairs typically don't so get lower priority.

Reactions: CreoUCLA
This has always been the case for Tesla, and I'm not sure other automakers are that different. Parts for new cars make money for the automaker and makes their sales numbers look good for the stock market, parts for repairs typically don't so get lower priority.

Yep, with unprecedented demand, lack of inventory, and global supply chain issues means auto makers are prioritizing new vehicle sales.

I have a friend who's going to wait ~6+ months for front end repairs on his 2022 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo that was hit by another vehicle, because several of the replacement parts are backordered. I have another friend who works for Jaguar Land Rover said they're dealing with the same supply chain issues (parts shortages, wrong parts in correctly labeled boxes, damaged parts in boxes, etc.).

While there is no "good" time to get into a car accident, this is one of the worst times to get in one if you need your car back quickly...