TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Destination and Transportation Charge

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ModelSFL, Jun 28, 2015.

1. ModelSFL

ModelSFL Member

I just put down a deposit for an inventory vehicle and noticed there was a $1,000 transportation charge and a $1170 Destination and regulatory doc fee.

Anyone run into the same scenario? Seems like the Destination fee and Transportation fee should be covering the same.

2. travwill

travwill Member

I know new we all pay the $1170 for transport to the first SC/pick-up location, but then CPO/inventory that have to manually moved to another location then have to pay a fee for the transport to where you are. It is a second additional transport of the car. Makes sense, although sucks.

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

I was going to make a point of clarification, but perhaps it is easier to simply make a bullet list:
    - New Car = Transport & Doc Fee
    - Inventory Car = The "new car" fee + any additional transport needed (can be avoided by picking up at store/service center inventory car is at)
    - CPO Car = No new/inventory car fee, but transport needed $500 (same/adjoining region), $1,000 (non-adjoining region), $1,500 (cross-US), $3k (Alaska or Hawaii) unless you pick up at the store/service center CPO car is at

Yes, it sucks that the inventory cars essentially pay two transport fees