TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Destination Charger at The Cottage At Winjes Farm up and running

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by WinjesFarm, Jul 8, 2018.

1. WinjesFarm

WinjesFarm Member

45875 County Road One, Lake City, CA 96115
    Now that our second Tesla visitor to The Cottage At Winjes Farm has also successfully used the dual wall connector(s) I have learned much that I am sure you all already know. The first Tesla, a five year old Model S, hooked up within seconds to the "master" wall connector, while the "slave" sat unused. Sometime in the night the Model S charged from 20% to the requested 90%. The second night, just for the first time use testing, the "Slave" unit will be used. Also worked flawlessly. We discussed how the wall connectors communicate with the vehicle on a 100 amp breaker system set to 80 amps on the "master" (dial set at D) and how both units use the SoC, thus effecting the "slave" ( dial set at F) when both are in use. The second Tesla, a model 3, left July 5th with a full charge, after having came in with 20 miles remaining. Both drivers were pleased to see the brand new destination chargers. Contact Jan at The Cottage at Winjes farm for details on a two night stay. phone 530 279 2371, http://winjesfarm.com/cottage.html hookup.JPG 100_8369.JPG

• Like x 1
  2. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

3. cpa

cpa Active Member

Russ, did you know that your cottage is no longer listed on PlugShare?

Glad to see that you had a second guest avail themselves of your hospitality!

4. WinjesFarm

WinjesFarm Member

I see what you are saying. Try just searching "The Cottage at Winjes Farm" on say, Google, and the business site comes up. Thanks for pointing that out. Kind regards
    Russell Winje

5. WinjesFarm

WinjesFarm Member

No I didn't know that. I did go there to "update" information and perhaps simply shut it down in stead. I'll check, thanks Curtis. Kind regards, Russell

6. WinjesFarm

WinjesFarm Member

I just went there to check and our site popped up on the map. I will see if I can get some tech assistance from the site. Thanks again, Russell

7. WinjesFarm

WinjesFarm Member

Tech support worked out the issue and we are back on plugshare. Thank you for pointing that out, all set again.

• Like x 1