Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination Charger - Hilton Garden Inn Abilene

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I'd check in...Don't know that I'm THE first to charge here, but I'm definitely one of the first. The guy at the desk said it's only been here for about 3-4 weeks. Pretty sure it wasn't here when I came through in September. He was friendly, said even though the rules state it's for patrons only it's okay if you're not. (Not sure his boss agrees with him, but...) If you come in and have a drink at the bar, I'm sure that would be appreciated. For non-locals (aka, um, everyone :biggrin:), it's actually a pretty good spot. Lots of places to eat around, both fast food and sit-down places, the mall is down the street and has a movie theater, etc.

The chargers are around back. In addition to the HPWC (which I believe is maxed at 40A), they also have a J1772.

All in all, while it is more than twice as expensive as the KOA, it sure beats sleeping in the car! :)

2015-12-21 22.07.25.jpg

"All in all, while it is more than twice as expensive as the KOA, it sure beats sleeping in the car! "

I have been to several KOAs, and charged and slept there.
MOST of them have Kabins, big enough for a queen bed, and a bunk bed, sleeps four, with a front porch.
Bring your pillow, a sleeping bag and you are all set.
A room in a Hilton Garden Inn would be even better, maybe even relatively luxurious compared to a Kabin.

One KOA did NOT have a Kabin, at least that I could find being a late arrival,
...so I have slept in the car (mini-RV) while charging.

Congratulations for finding a real bed to spend the night in.