TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Destination Charger - Holiday Inns

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by 1101011, Jul 31, 2015.

1. 1101011

1101011 Proud TSLA/SCTY shareholder since 2012.

I'd like to take examples of Holiday Inns with destination chargers to my meeting with a local franchisee, to bolster the case for applying for one in our town.

Got one near you I can talk to him about? Thanks...

2. deonb

deonb Active Member

3. 1101011

1101011 Proud TSLA/SCTY shareholder since 2012.

I am talking about destination charging- not SpC.

Anyone else know of Holiday Inn with destination charging?

Thanks.

4. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

#4 TexasEV, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  5. paulkva

paulkva Member

Quite a few Holiday Inns in NJ have L2/L3 charging, though not necessarily Tesla's Destination Charging specifically. Here are a few I've found on PlugShare (disclaimer -- I have neither stayed nor charged at any of these, I've just done a lot of PlugShare searching in NJ & Philly because I travel there frequently).

Somerset NJ -- Holiday Inn | Franklin Township, NJ | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare
    Budd Lake NJ -- Holiday Inn | Mt Olive Township, NJ | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare
    Saddle Brook NJ -- Holiday Inn | Saddle Brook, NJ | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare
    West Philadelphia PA -- Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West Hotel | Philadelphia, PA | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare
    (That last one is a Crowne Plaza -- also part of IHG like Holiday Inn -- and is a Tesla Destination Charging partner.)

In addition to TexasEV's link to Tesla's list -- which includes 7 Holiday Inns, 5 InterContinentals, 2 Candlewood Suites, 2 Crowne Plazas, and a Hotel Indigo (all IHG brands) -- you can also use http://tesla.plughsare.com (in your car or on your computer) and limit your search to hotels only in the settings.

It might also be worth pointing out to the folks you're meeting with that many of their competitors are installing EV charging capabilities, although I only see a couple surrounding the Cleveland area at the moment.