Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination Charger - Holiday Inns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Proud TSLA/SCTY shareholder since 2013.
Nov 12, 2014
Mentor, Ohio
I'd like to take examples of Holiday Inns with destination chargers to my meeting with a local franchisee, to bolster the case for applying for one in our town.

Got one near you I can talk to him about? Thanks...

Last edited:
Quite a few Holiday Inns in NJ have L2/L3 charging, though not necessarily Tesla's Destination Charging specifically. Here are a few I've found on PlugShare (disclaimer -- I have neither stayed nor charged at any of these, I've just done a lot of PlugShare searching in NJ & Philly because I travel there frequently).

Somerset NJ -- Holiday Inn | Franklin Township, NJ | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare
Budd Lake NJ -- Holiday Inn | Mt Olive Township, NJ | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare
Saddle Brook NJ -- Holiday Inn | Saddle Brook, NJ | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare
West Philadelphia PA -- Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West Hotel | Philadelphia, PA | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare
(That last one is a Crowne Plaza -- also part of IHG like Holiday Inn -- and is a Tesla Destination Charging partner.)

In addition to TexasEV's link to Tesla's list -- which includes 7 Holiday Inns, 5 InterContinentals, 2 Candlewood Suites, 2 Crowne Plazas, and a Hotel Indigo (all IHG brands) -- you can also use http://tesla.plughsare.com (in your car or on your computer) and limit your search to hotels only in the settings.

It might also be worth pointing out to the folks you're meeting with that many of their competitors are installing EV charging capabilities, although I only see a couple surrounding the Cleveland area at the moment.

I wonder what kind of deal Holiday Inn made with Tesla. In Sioux Falls, SD I stayed at the Downtown Holiday Inn specifically for the Tesla charging. However, they let ICEs park in all of the charging spots. When I complained, they suggested I double park my new Tesla behind the cars parked in the spots reserved for electric charging. Sure...park my brand new Tesla so I block someone who did not have the courtesy to pay attention to the signs that the slots were reserved. Holiday Inn is definitely not holding up their part of the charging partnership with Tesla.

I'd like to take examples of Holiday Inns with destination chargers to my meeting with a local franchisee, to bolster the case for applying for one in our town.

Got one near you I can talk to him about? Thanks...

I wouldn't suggest limiting to Holiday Inns. I just staid at a Residence Inn in SanDestin FL because it has a destination. I've also stayed at a Hilton Garden because it had a destination charger. I've stayed at a number of locations because they were near superchargers.

Also, DO NOT put EV charging location at the front of the hotel, too likely to get ICE'd and empty spaces can make people upset.

• Love
Reactions: terrywhite