Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination charger listing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mom owns a BnB and has applied twice for the destination charger program. She heard back the first time but it wasn't good timing and the second time got no response at all. If you pay out of pocket and install a destination charger will Tesla list it or do you have to do it through the destination charger program from start to finish?

I am in the same "no response" boat. I heard back from Tesla about the program for my 11-room hotel in 2015 but put things on the back burner at the time. I have been trying to reach Tesla to move forward for about 12-months through their website, and by emailing the project manager I worked with in 2015, but had no luck getting a response. I would be happy to install the charger at my cost, I just want to have it listed on Tesla's program as available.

I am wondering if the lack of response has something to do with planned program changes. I heard of someone getting a destination charger that came wired with a conventional J charger end (SAE J1772) vs Tesla end. I understood that it would be a 48 amp charger though. Just means Tesla's will need to use the adapter which is no big deal.

As I write the above, I am thinking of all the ways I tried to reach out electronically. I do not know why I never called. I am going to do that now. Duh..

I've since tried all of the ways to reach them electronically let me know how calling goes.

I did list it in Plugshare and it shows up immediately in the charging UI. But then there is no phone number or detailed info about the business. It also strangely doesn't use the Plugshare location name, just the address. And you'll be listed below the actual destination charger listings.

I feel like using the Plugshare database better should be the solution and put everyone on an even playing field. You can list phone numbers and amenities on Plugshare so just list all of the wall connectors publicly listed.