Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination Chargers at Killington Mountain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning a trip to Killington midweek next week, and was curious if anyone had any experience with the destination chargers in any of the free parking lots on the mountain. I'd love to take my Tesla, but need to make sure I will be able to get a spot to charge during the day while I am skiing and unfortunately I cannot stay at a hotel with charging. I see they just installed a bunch of destination chargers so I am hoping this is relatively easy.

I used them last year during February school vacation. They worked well but I seem to remember they were operating at less than 40 amps though I don't remember exactly the operating current. I was surprised to be the only tesla plugged in. If last year is an indicator of this year you should be just fine.

I'm planning a trip to Killington midweek next week, and was curious if anyone had any experience with the destination chargers in any of the free parking lots on the mountain. I'd love to take my Tesla, but need to make sure I will be able to get a spot to charge during the day while I am skiing and unfortunately I cannot stay at a hotel with charging. I see they just installed a bunch of destination chargers so I am hoping this is relatively easy.
PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Valet -Killington Grand Hotel lower parking lot first 2 parking stalls on the left. Thirty Tesla EV chargers and 15 universal charges were installed across the resort at the Sykeship Base Area, Snowshed Base Area, Snowshed Upper Parking Lot, K-1 Base Area and Pico Mountain Base Area for a total of 45 electric car chargers.

https://www.killington.com/media-room/press-releases/all.../largest-car-charging-hub

I used them this past Dec. They have many Tesla chargers, but the ones at Grand Summit Hotels are not Tesla chargers but standard L2 chargers (use the J1772 adapter). There are many Tesla chargers at Snowshed. The pins on Plugshare are generally correct, except K1 pin. It shows they are on the 1st aisle of the parking lot, but they are actually on the 4th aisle, right off Vale Road.