Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination Chargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1140.JPG
Why would they need to be locked? I suppose they have the lobby toilets locked to save on unauthorised water and hand soap wastage.

Compare with the Noosa Blue Resort where, as a non-guest, you can cruise on in any time of day or night & charge for as long as your battery will allow. During normal hours you can sit a few meters away & consume some top notch coffee & nosh. So relaxed & friendly, I could have almost had a leisurely swim & steam room session too but I thought best not to push it :)

Stockland shopping centre in Traralgon have installed 2 Tesla destination chargers in their underground car park.
Good to see them sticking by their promise.

I was at a Solar/battery seminar a few weeks ago hosted by Gippsland Solar, Selectronic and Tesla and word was
that a Supercharger in Gippsland is in the early planning stages.
Traralgon is on the map already. for superchargers, do you mean another location?

I did a trip via Colac on the weekend and was pleasantly surprised by 2 3ph HPWCs in the new Colac Plaza shopping centre car park. I checked out their website and while I love that they're providing the chargers I'm a little concerned with their perhaps somewhat over selling of the destination chargers as SCs at this "Tesla Centre" ... :) Still super cool they have them. (Maybe they'll upgrade to the new urban model SCs when they start rolling out here and then I'll forgive them :))
colac_plaza_tesla_centre.png

Perhaps you should carry one of those older style valve caps that allow unscrewing the valve...
I've thought about printing some polite and perhaps humorous notes to put under their windscreen wipers. Sometimes the spots are not marked on the ground like disabled parking and people just don't look up or realise. Sometimes, they've never seen a car actually turn up to charge and assume the chargers aren't yet in operation (and I'm being charitable in taking every excuse as stated). Anyway, it seems to be more ignorance than malicious intent in my experience. The other thing we need is a standardised electric lightning bolt symbol or similar that says "Electric Vehicles Only" on the ground (and a sign at rear mirror height warning drivers "Attempting to use electric charging will damage non-electric vehicles" would fix it in no time)!

A local Adelaide pub/hotel has recently installed 2 destination HPWC which is fantastic. Unfortunately whoever did the install cleary doesn’t understand Tesla charging. The HPWC is on the right/drivers side as you reverse in. The cord is only about 2 meters. If you nose in it wont reach the back. If you reverse in it wont reach across. I have noticed other similar illogical destination chargers. Surely Tesla must provide detailed instructions on installation? It is a shame that poor planning negates the utility of these precious chargers.

A local Adelaide pub/hotel has recently installed 2 destination HPWC which is fantastic. Unfortunately whoever did the install cleary doesn’t understand Tesla charging. The HPWC is on the right/drivers side as you reverse in. The cord is only about 2 meters. If you nose in it wont reach the back. If you reverse in it wont reach across. I have noticed other similar illogical destination chargers. Surely Tesla must provide detailed instructions on installation? It is a shame that poor planning negates the utility of these precious chargers.
Same situation at Stockland Glendale near Newcastle.
I phoned the site manager and they changed to the long-cord variety.
Very grateful for their support, but people sure are EV-illiterate in this country.