Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination Chargers - Mackinaw City, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
February 1, 2018 City Council Meeting
Permit has been approved to pursue “...three Tesla car charger stations for marina grounds at Tesla expense and to allow Manager Wyman to ask Attorney Lane advice on matter.”

The Marina grounds are located at:
107 S. Huron Ave
Mackinaw City, MI 49701

See paragraph VIII, page 2
http://mackinawcity.org/Portals/22/Village Council/2018 Minutes/MIN 02 01 18.pdf

February 15, 2018 City Council Meeting
“Motion Glenn seconded Newman to adopt Resolution 2018-06 to allow Tesla to install three charging stations at the Village Municipal Marina with contract.”

See paragraph IX
http://mackinawcity.org/Portals/22/Village Council/2018 Minutes/MIN 02 15 18.pdf

This is now officially under permit!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: gonzo and outdoors
February 1, 2018 City Council Meeting
Permit has been approved to pursue “...three Tesla car charger stations for marina grounds at Tesla expense and to allow Manager Wyman to ask Attorney Lane advice on matter.”

The Marina grounds are located at:
107 S. Huron Ave
Mackinaw City, MI 49701

See paragraph VIII, page 2
http://mackinawcity.org/Portals/22/Village Council/2018 Minutes/MIN 02 01 18.pdf

February 15, 2018 City Council Meeting
“Motion Glenn seconded Newman to adopt Resolution 2018-06 to allow Tesla to install three charging stations at the Village Municipal Marina with contract.”

See paragraph IX
http://mackinawcity.org/Portals/22/Village Council/2018 Minutes/MIN 02 15 18.pdf

This is now officially under permit!

Cool! But with the station count of 3, are these perhaps destination (HPWC) plugs and not superchargers?

Ninja-ed by @bwestlak, but that's cool since I live in Saline too...

Tesla hasn't installed less than 8 stalls in one place for quite a while now.

There have been a few in other countries but certainly not in the USA or Canada. Unless you count a couple of oddball ones in Jersey City and Manhattan which (according to the threads here) are so hard/expensive to access that they may as well not exist :p

So no, it's not impossible that it means 3 SCs with 6 stalls, but the city government would be talking about the number of stalls, primarily.

More information needed!

So I emailed Mackinaw City's "general info" email, and got this response. These are confirmed destination chargers.
IMG_1377.jpg

Yesterday (6/18/2018):

Question: Hello, a friend and I are planning a trip through MI. Can you tell me for sure if the Tesla Destination chargers are installed at the Marina?

Answer: Hi, The chargers have been installed and approved by the electrical inspector. We are just waiting on the power company to hook up the meter. Sounds like this should be done by the end of the week.

are the cords long enough to allow someone to temporarily park and make a connection to charge. It could be the difference between a family having a safe and enjoyable trip or getting stranded. I wish communities would start adopting strict laws on EV parking and then enforce them.

Reactions: agni_ban
are the cords long enough to allow someone to temporarily park and make a connection to charge. It could be the difference between a family having a safe and enjoyable trip or getting stranded. I wish communities would start adopting strict laws on EV parking and then enforce them.
Sorry, I did not uncoil any however they looks like the longer HPWC cables which I think are 24 feet long. If so, that might work since they are mounted in a place that puts them directly between each parking space.

Thanks sdoorex! Headed up there next week. Wondering if they'll have them powered up by then.....
Good News! Phone call from Klaus at the Marina yesterday (Friday July 13) and he said that all four chargers are operational.

No fee for charging but there is a flat fee of $5.00 for parking.

All folks working at the Marina are super friendly and helpful!!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GSP and rabar10