TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Destination charging for San Diego area

Discussion in 'California' started by Dwdnjck, May 10, 2015.

1. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

I went to the Park Hyatt Aviara for Mohter's Day. they charged my car while we enjoyed the Buffet. I did not request that the valet plug it in because I am a local. Nice touch.

2. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Just stayed in one of the Aviara Four Seasons Villas for a week a couple of weeks ago. They have complimentary HPWC available to guests. I was able to plug in my MS every night. Not much Tesla traffic. 240W, 40 Amp. All good. I appreciated that. 6.2 factored that into my range calculations. On my way home to the Bay Area, I did a range charge the night before departure. We made it all the way to Tejon Ranch from Carlsbad, bypassing San Juan Capistrano and other SCs. I was impressed with that calculation. I would not have done that myself. But it worked, especial with the Energy range graph calculation. I could actually adjust my speed and see the change in range.

Nice to have destination chargers like we have at Aviara.