TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Destination Charging in Florida

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Galve2000, Mar 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

sorry for hijacking this thread, but I would love more destination chargers in the SW Florida area now that we are getting a service center.

My condo board would rather I drop dead than install an EVSE in the garage in my building. I only spend a week at a time in SW Florida 2-3 times a year, so i am usually not there with my Model S, but that could change to a more permanent relocation at some point which would make a more stable charging situation necessary.

When I was there with my Model S in January I used the Ft Myers supercharger once for some extra juice. I live 5 minutes from a destination charger near Marco Island (GEM Remotes), and the hosts there were gracious enough to allow me to use their HPWC, but I never did.

When I scoped out the setup earlier in the week, it turns out their HPWC is set up right by the garage where they load their trucks, and my Model S would block their operations unless I picked it up at 6 or 7 am before they opened for the day. I did not want to inconvenience them (or myself if I'm being totally honest) so I used the Ft Myers supercharger while I picked up a few supplies and a cappuccino at Target/Starbucks near the SuperCharger.

If the destination charger at GEM Remotes was somewhere in their parking lot where it did not disrupt their operations, I would have of course used it instead of the Ft. Myers supercharger which is a 40 minute drive from my home,each way. :(

I have not given up on the condo board yet.

2. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Refer to Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

Larry