TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Destination SoC vs RM

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by rhumbliner, Apr 10, 2018.

1. rhumbliner

rhumbliner Member

Driving from Twin Falls, ID to Idaho Falls, ID, I stopped at the Twin Falls SC and charged until the Nav system said I had enough charge to continue my drive and would arrive Idaho Falls with 12% SoC. By subtracting the estimated distance from current RM range, I calculated I would arrive with 52 RM left. As I made the drive, my destination SoC stayed steady at 12% while destination RM continued to drop (current RM - distance to go). By the time I arrived at the Idaho Falls SC my SoC still read 12% but my RM range had dropped to 32 RM.

What's up with that? I thought SoC to RM was a simple ratio but it appears to be variable. Any ideas what's happening here?

TIA