Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destino - V8 powered Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn't implying that others didn't have an ego. (Looking around the forum ... anyone here not have an ego?)

My point is that when Lusk speaks, it's about satisfying his ego, not about sharing his vision. I honestly don't think he has a vision. Musk has a clear vision. And enough ego to believe he will achieve that vision.

I wasn't implying that others didn't have an ego. (Looking around the forum ... anyone here not have an ego?)

My point is that when Lusk speaks, it's about satisfying his ego, not about sharing his vision. I honestly don't think he has a vision. Musk has a clear vision. And enough ego to believe he will achieve that vision.

I think you just repeated what I said only using more words :)

- - - Updated - - -

I have achieved half of this equation.
I too have done the easy part.

Bob Lutzs V-8-Powered Karma Plans Unfazed by Fisker Troubles - WOT on Motor Trend

Fisker Woes Won't Dash Destino Plans | Vehicles Technology content from WardsAuto

VL Productions, which is converting the Fisker Karma electric vehicle that is renamed the Destino and powered by a 556-hp General Motors V-8 engine, won’t be adversely affected by the niche auto maker’s sliding fortunes.

That’s the word from Bob Lutz, who with partner Gilbert Villarreal is developing the $185,000 Destino supercar for sale later this year.
... VL may obtain Karmas from dealers seeking to liquidate their inventories.
Lutz estimates VL could convert existing electric Karmas to V-8s for about $85,000 to $90,000.

“We’ve heard from hundreds of Karma owners, with about 10% who may want to convert their cars, because sooner or later the cars might wind up as boat anchors,” he says.

VL originally intended to use the Chevrolet Corvette’s 6.2L, 638-hp supercharged LS9 ZR1 V-8 in the Destino in its quest to build the fastest car on the U.S. market at plus-185 mph (295 km/h).

That’s still the goal, but the company instead has switched to the 6.2L, 556-hp supercharged V-8 used in Cadillac’s CTS-V.

“Most people want automatics in these types of cars, and we didn’t have a suitable 6-speed for the ZR1 (Corvette) engine,” Lutz says, adding the CTS-V will be mated to a GM-supplied 6-speed.
Bottom line: “If Fisker disappears, it won’t affect us,” Lutz says.

Apparently this is back from the dead, with Henrick on board, so it's now VLF Automotive.
VLF Automotive A new American Luxury Car Company is Born.

vlf-destino_100541746_l.jpg

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000476882&play=1

Fisker Karma With V-8 Emerges As VLF Destino, Including Henrik Himself

In the CNBC video, Bob again trashes the Karma electric drivetrain. It's nice to see Henrick looking excited again, though it's disappointing that he's still scapegoating A123 for Fisker Automotive's failure. Given all the unsold inventory (including hundreds of cars that had just been sitting at the port for months), it's clear Fisker's demise was due to soft demand after a shaky and premature launch of the car.