Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destroying tires, alignment issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Ive been tracking down each issue I'm having and Im going to get each one fixed, and perhaps, keep my car! yay!

THat brings me to the biggest issue, Im burning through tires at an alarming rate (5-10k miles) Ive been replacing with used tires but thats still not an ideal solution.
does anyone know what is the solution to the extreme toe in on the rear wheels?

I cant take it to the Service Center as Im on a rebuilt title, Where can I take it?
2013_tesla_model-s_whl_ot_92313_600.jpg

so alignment with air suspension is your issue... If you are on facebook have a chat with Chris Ramsey. its a bad camber issue,

as far as the salvage title, you can get your car re-certified with TESLA for the high power system, which will allow you to get service from them, and also use the super chargers. i believe there are posts on this... its a couple $k i believe as well.

• Informative
Reactions: TK16688
From the picture it looks to me as if the tire is rubbing on a suspension component. I would jack up each wheel then pry under the tire with along bar to see if there is any looseness in the suspension. You can also push/pull the tire by the edges. A tell tale clunk will be heard and felt if there is a worn joint.

With your extreme wear toe in error should be obvious. Drive the car and park it then with a tape measure and a buddy to help, measure the distance between identical tread channels at the front and rear of the tire. You can then adjust toe in to be close to spec before taking the car in for a full 4 wheel alignment.

I doubt that camber is causing your problem.

So Ive been tracking down each issue I'm having and Im going to get each one fixed, and perhaps, keep my car! yay!

THat brings me to the biggest issue, Im burning through tires at an alarming rate (5-10k miles) Ive been replacing with used tires but thats still not an ideal solution.
does anyone know what is the solution to the extreme toe in on the rear wheels?

I cant take it to the Service Center as Im on a rebuilt title, Where can I take it?View attachment 371189

nothing special about tesla suspension. any alignment shop can do it, just make sure they do 4 wheel alignment

My right rear was destroying tires. One tire every 5k. We determined it was the lowering mode that was causing it. The positioner was not working. It would tilt tire in at top and not work. I took it out of auto lowering, yea right rear is fine now.
Got diagrams from Tesla, there NO alignment of any part of rear. They are what you get hard in place.
There is a guy making upper adjustable arms. I forgot his name.
I can scan the parts page if you want it? But u cannot adjust any part of rear. PERIOD. It is hard bolted in. The A arms have no adjuster.
Fremont guy sent parts page to prove i was right.

Reactions: ac_power
As others have said, rear is only half as adjustable as normal cars (no camber). There are two solutions, machine your own, longer arms to correct the camber OR get the adjustable kit.

I machined my own, I tried to order the kit but it wasnt in stock/ready and they've been doing testing still for it. Not sure where it ended up.

I found a place to take care of my alignment, apparently I have a bunch of issues I can attach the notes if anyone is interested. The issue that I need help with is getting a passanger side adjustabe rear, upper control arm. Anyone know where I can find one of those?

I found a place to take care of my alignment, apparently I have a bunch of issues I can attach the notes if anyone is interested. The issue that I need help with is getting a passanger side adjustabe rear, upper control arm. Anyone know where I can find one of those?

That is camber adjustment and links for adjustment bushing are up thread.
If you want a full adjustable arm try
Unplugged Performance | Complete Product List for Tesla Vehicles

Reactions: BridgeMojo