Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Detailed pics of my Executive rear seats in our P90DL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me, with 2 car seats for the next 5 years, it wouldn't benefit me, but those seats give off a real luxurious look in the back. Too bad they discontinued them but my guess is they were such a small target market, it wasn't worth the effort to support them. Congrats on the car!

Do they feel like the standard seat or are they at more of an angle?
They are much more "bucketed" than the normal bench. I have the same configuration in my early 2015 (Feb 2015 build) just the tan leather as opposed to the black. I really like how much classier it looks inside and don't miss the middle bench.

The hinge on the back seat console cover has broken several times on mine.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
I'm surprised that the back seats don't match the lines of the front seats though. Would have expected the same design.

Lightmatrix, interesting to hear about that on your back seat console. Recently I saw someone listing the separately sold console on eBay which matched our car perfectly with the trim and color and hubby refused to even consider it due to all the reports of the hinge on those accessory items breaking. I wish they would at least redesign the darn hinge with metal or something and offer it again. At this point closest I can come to the executive seats.

I'm surprised that the back seats don't match the lines of the front seats though. Would have expected the same design.

Lightmatrix, interesting to hear about that on your back seat console. Recently I saw someone listing the separately sold console on eBay which matched our car perfectly with the trim and color and hubby refused to even consider it due to all the reports of the hinge on those accessory items breaking. I wish they would at least redesign the darn hinge with metal or something and offer it again. At this point closest I can come to the executive seats.
For flow I agree they should have the same lines.

Actually, they match the front seats much better that the bench seats do. The current rear seat is of the same design (except for the headrests) as the original from 2012 which was designed to match the old front seats.

The hinge on the storage compartment is mostly plastic and has proven easy to break. I imagine as this design was discontinued it won't be an area they address anytime soon. Once the vehicle is out of its warranty period it will just be a, "live with it" flaw. The good thing is that the hinge still allows opening and closing of the lid, just that it does not stay open, it falls shut if you don't hold it.

Regarding the lines of the seats, I really prefer the lines on the 4 seat configuration. I think the deep bucket allows for slightly more headroom in the rear. In addition, I love that there is no center headrest to obscure the already limited rear vision. On the occasions where I have had loaners I always appreciate the lack of center headrest in my own.

I've attached a few photos:

Tan leather 4 seat configuration (with child seat)
Hinge that has broken twice
Rear view without that blasted center headrest
IMG_20170308_110413.jpg
IMG_20170308_110422.jpg
IMG_20170308_110453.jpg

Reactions: Indpowr and MP3Mike