TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Detailed pictures of installed, official center console!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by riceuguy, Jan 19, 2014.

1. riceuguy

riceuguy Member

#1 riceuguy, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

How much space is there between the bottom of the cubby and the top of the console? Do you have a picture of that?

3. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

Nice. If you get a chance to take a video, I'd love to see it.

4. SteveW25561

SteveW25561 Member

Thanks for the pics! Is the console user removable, or is it secured with snaps, screws, etc? Can it be removed without cosmetic evidence to restore the default flat floor?

5. Newbie

Newbie Banned

Looks good, is it on sale now? It's still not listed for sale in the tesla shop .

6. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm curious about the mini usb phone plug. It looks like it's swappable/removable. Do they have a lightning adapter for iPhone 5/5s ?

7. riceuguy

riceuguy Member

How much space between cubby and console: Just enough for the sliding thing to slide back, but that's enough for things to slide in between. I will try to take a picture of it...

- - - Updated - - -

Do I have video: Great idea...will try to tonight!

- - - Updated - - -

Is the installation permanent: Great question. They mentioned that they needed to drill, but said it can be easily removed. I suspect the drilling was in places you wouldn't normally see. I would have stuck around to watch the install, but I have a 60 and they gave me a P85 loaner, so I went for a nice long drive! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Is it for sale yet: Still waitlist only: http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/premium-center-console. Get on the waitlist now ("To be added to our wait list, please email [email protected] and include your Model S décor.") and save at least $200.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a an iPhone 5 option: There is...when you sign up for the waitlist, specify that!! Choices are micro USB or lightning.

8. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

How did you get it already?

9. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

What's the interior lining made out of? Looks like camera case foam in the photo.

10. TEverything

TEverything Member

Looks good! Not what I expected the cup holders to look like. They seem flimsy, how big of a cup can you fit in those? Do your drinks stay planted in there?

11. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

I think it's hard plastic with a sprayed on felt like material sort of what is in the glovebox. Is that correct?

- - - Updated - - -

it looks like they are adjustable and lock into some grooves. I bet they will be decent. I like the material on the sides better than the CCI I have but the jury is out on the rest of it until I see one in person. I ordered one to check it out.

12. GDH

GDH Banned

$600 for that, no thanks.

13. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

With Tesla's normal option/accessory pricing this verges on a give away....sadly!

14. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

Then you compare it to the other automakers... and everything Tesla prices is a giveaway.

15. riceuguy

riceuguy Member

I was #12 on the wait list! :)

- - - Updated - - -

It is very similar to the material in the open space before the console was there. It just looks odd with the flash.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as it is not a tiny drink, you are good. If you have a tiny drink (e.g., those little 8 oz cans) you could turn the dividers around and make 2 small drink holders on either side, and you can just adjust the dividers to hold the biggest Big Gulp. They don't feel flimsy at all...the fit snugly into the slats.

- - - Updated - - -

See my earlier response...it is more like the lining of the stock center area. And yes, they just slide into the grooves which are very close together for tons of flexibility in how you set it up (I have one cup holder, Kleenex, and room in the back for my J1772 adapter.

Everything except the phone dock flip cover feels very well made.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought I would be bitter about the price, but it is totally worth it for me. I really needed a cupholder I could reach and still have room for a phone, a box of Kleenex and more...and sometimes 2 cup holders! So it is a great fit for me.

16. GDH

GDH Banned

And that's all that matters!

17. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

While I love Tesla and MY Tesla, I disagree. The console would be included on most cars. Other accessories ($6500 wheels WITHOUT tires as an example) and options ($1000 for what could not be more than $100 worth of LED's for the lighting package?). Only Porsche among "normal" automakers gets this crazy (I don't count Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. as people expect to get screwed on anything to do with cost on those cars.

18. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

What finish did you get? Any pics of the console closed?

19. riceuguy

riceuguy Member

20. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Does the dock use up one of the two USB ports?
    You do know the built-in USB ports are now higher amperages and don't really require another charger plugged into the 12V outlet.

Looks great! Getting one when they cal my number, too.