Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Detailed pictures of installed, official center console!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
How much space between cubby and console: Just enough for the sliding thing to slide back, but that's enough for things to slide in between. I will try to take a picture of it...

- - - Updated - - -

Do I have video: Great idea...will try to tonight!

- - - Updated - - -

Is the installation permanent: Great question. They mentioned that they needed to drill, but said it can be easily removed. I suspect the drilling was in places you wouldn't normally see. I would have stuck around to watch the install, but I have a 60 and they gave me a P85 loaner, so I went for a nice long drive! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Is it for sale yet: Still waitlist only: http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/premium-center-console. Get on the waitlist now ("To be added to our wait list, please email [email protected] and include your Model S décor.") and save at least $200.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a an iPhone 5 option: There is...when you sign up for the waitlist, specify that!! Choices are micro USB or lightning.

What's the interior lining made out of? Looks like camera case foam in the photo.

I think it's hard plastic with a sprayed on felt like material sort of what is in the glovebox. Is that correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good! Not what I expected the cup holders to look like. They seem flimsy, how big of a cup can you fit in those? Do your drinks stay planted in there?

it looks like they are adjustable and lock into some grooves. I bet they will be decent. I like the material on the sides better than the CCI I have but the jury is out on the rest of it until I see one in person. I ordered one to check it out.

How did you get it already?
I was #12 on the wait list! :)

- - - Updated - - -

It is very similar to the material in the open space before the console was there. It just looks odd with the flash.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good! Not what I expected the cup holders to look like. They seem flimsy, how big of a cup can you fit in those? Do your drinks stay planted in there?
As long as it is not a tiny drink, you are good. If you have a tiny drink (e.g., those little 8 oz cans) you could turn the dividers around and make 2 small drink holders on either side, and you can just adjust the dividers to hold the biggest Big Gulp. They don't feel flimsy at all...the fit snugly into the slats.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's hard plastic with a sprayed on felt like material sort of what is in the glovebox. Is that correct?

- - - Updated - - -

it looks like they are adjustable and lock into some grooves. I bet they will be decent. I like the material on the sides better than the CCI I have but the jury is out on the rest of it until I see one in person. I ordered one to check it out.
See my earlier response...it is more like the lining of the stock center area. And yes, they just slide into the grooves which are very close together for tons of flexibility in how you set it up (I have one cup holder, Kleenex, and room in the back for my J1772 adapter.

Everything except the phone dock flip cover feels very well made.

- - - Updated - - -

$600 for that, no thanks.
I thought I would be bitter about the price, but it is totally worth it for me. I really needed a cupholder I could reach and still have room for a phone, a box of Kleenex and more...and sometimes 2 cup holders! So it is a great fit for me.

I was #12 on the wait list! :)

- - - Updated - - -

It is very similar to the material in the open space before the console was there. It just looks odd with the flash.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as it is not a tiny drink, you are good. If you have a tiny drink (e.g., those little 8 oz cans) you could turn the dividers around and make 2 small drink holders on either side, and you can just adjust the dividers to hold the biggest Big Gulp. They don't feel flimsy at all...the fit snugly into the slats.

- - - Updated - - -

See my earlier response...it is more like the lining of the stock center area. And yes, they just slide into the grooves which are very close together for tons of flexibility in how you set it up (I have one cup holder, Kleenex, and room in the back for my J1772 adapter.

Everything except the phone dock flip cover feels very well made.

- - - Updated - - -

So it is a great fit for me.

And that's all that matters!

Then you compare it to the other automakers... and everything Tesla prices is a giveaway.

While I love Tesla and MY Tesla, I disagree. The console would be included on most cars. Other accessories ($6500 wheels WITHOUT tires as an example) and options ($1000 for what could not be more than $100 worth of LED's for the lighting package?). Only Porsche among "normal" automakers gets this crazy (I don't count Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. as people expect to get screwed on anything to do with cost on those cars.