Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Detailing a Titanium 85D - Worth it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After hemming and hawing about spending some more money to protect my new toy, I decided that I would regret it if I didn't do something at least to protect the paint from fading. I did some research and on the advice from GasDoc, I messaged a very reputable Tesla detailer on Yelp in Northern California. He told me a great deal of info and answered my questions very promptly.

I dropped it off and I waited a whole week for the detailing work I had Joe and his team at OCDetailing in Walnut Creek. It could have dropped it off so I didn't have to wait a whole week but my schedule was complicated that week. I just picked it up this past Saturday. Since I live on the Peninsula, he offered to drop it off at a mutual meeting point and he took Bart back to his shop. Great service. Something I didn't expect. It takes about an hour to get out to Walnut Creek for me.

I have a titanium metallic 85D delivered at the end of November 2015 and lucked out that there were no nicks or dings yet after 3 months of driving. It has autopilot, air suspension which I use a lot especially when parking in public lots with those curbs, premium sound and interior so everything except for cold weather package or 3rd row seats.

After speaking with Joe in person and looking at a couple of Teslas that were there for their follow up inspection and wash, I decided on the following items:

I had them do Opticoat Pro outside covered with OptiCoat Plus, FlybyForte glass protection, Car Port Dlux on plastic trim, and Opti Guard on interior. They color corrected and polished everything first. This was followed by front surface Xpel Ultimate vinyl wrap and alloy rim gators. I decided against wrapping the entire car since it was going to be much more. They also installed the Blackvue 650GW-2CH dash cam for me so that it was hard wired so parking mode works. I have been reading about the DIY methods and was really hesitant about pulling out panels and feeding wires myself. Oh yeah, windows are tinted now. They even applied the EV stickers required for carpool or express lane use. I already had them on but luckily I had put them onto clear removable vinyl bumper stickers I had bought on advice from this forum. He just removed them and reapplied to the Xpel.
They even covered the door handles with Xpel since they get scratched over time.

I am really glad I did all this and would do it again but probably not wait that long. Car looks amazing. Here are a couple of photos I've taken. More to come.

fc14363a8977b29c60e1b90cbe69427d.jpg

91cb03c820e138b41ef7f3386c65af72.jpg

After hemming and hawing about spending some more money to protect my new toy, I decided that I would regret it if I didn't do something at least to protect the paint from fading. I did some research and on the advice from GasDoc, I messaged a very reputable Tesla detailer on Yelp in Northern California. He told me a great deal of info and answered my questions very promptly.

I dropped it off and I waited a whole week for the detailing work I had Joe and his team at OCDetailing in Walnut Creek. It could have dropped it off so I didn't have to wait a whole week but my schedule was complicated that week. I just picked it up this past Saturday. Since I live on the Peninsula, he offered to drop it off at a mutual meeting point and he took Bart back to his shop. Great service. Something I didn't expect. It takes about an hour to get out to Walnut Creek for me.

I have a titanium metallic 85D delivered at the end of November 2015 and lucked out that there were no nicks or dings yet after 3 months of driving. It has autopilot, air suspension which I use a lot especially when parking in public lots with those curbs, premium sound and interior so everything except for cold weather package or 3rd row seats.

After speaking with Joe in person and looking at a couple of Teslas that were there for their follow up inspection and wash, I decided on the following items:

I had them do Opticoat Pro outside covered with OptiCoat Plus, FlybyForte glass protection, Car Port Dlux on plastic trim, and Opti Guard on interior. They color corrected and polished everything first. This was followed by front surface Xpel Ultimate vinyl wrap and alloy rim gators. I decided against wrapping the entire car since it was going to be much more. They also installed the Blackvue 650GW-2CH dash cam for me so that it was hard wired so parking mode works. I have been reading about the DIY methods and was really hesitant about pulling out panels and feeding wires myself. Oh yeah, windows are tinted now. They even applied the EV stickers required for carpool or express lane use. I already had them on but luckily I had put them onto clear removable vinyl bumper stickers I had bought on advice from this forum. He just removed them and reapplied to the Xpel.
They even covered the door handles with Xpel since they get scratched over time.

I am really glad I did all this and would do it again but probably not wait that long. Car looks amazing. Here are a couple of photos I've taken. More to come.

View attachment 165797

View attachment 165798

View attachment 165797

View attachment 165798
Hey Fanatic1,

Your car looks great! I just bought a Titanium 75D 2 weeks ago. I live in Alamo, so Walnut Creek is right next door. Just curious what all this set you back? I'd like to do the same to my car.
Thanks!
Dave