Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Detailing Product Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had our E Class ceramic coated by MK Provalet at a cost of £550 including Full interior and exterior, I am based in Leicestershire and I think from memory they are Northampton way so not sure if they would be suitable for you but I would highly recommend it!

i use a leafblower to dry the car and it gets about 90% of the water out, my has a sealant/wax applied i then use a quick detailer with my microfiber to dry the car.

lots of youtube videos on detailing products turtle wax ice/ turtle wax seal and shine all can be purchased at walmart for less than 8 dollars

Can you recommend any particular products? I'm definitely thinking of a ceramic coating as I've heard it will help as the Tesla paints are quite soft and prone to chips? Don't know if there's any truth to that though.

I bought a new Discovery Sport a few years ago and had a pro detailer apply ceramic coating to it - he used G Techniq products - Gtechniq Ceramic Paint Protection, Automotive Ceramic Coating, Marine Ceramic Coatings - it was excellent (GT Crystal serum if I recall rightly). Kept the car looking great and really easy to maintain using the foam lance, mitt and 2 bucket method. I plan to have him do the same when my M3 arrives.

Reactions: Rob R
I'm now searching for a UK version of this product
but haven't found anything yet. It's essentially a PDMS based spray wax.

@james_power Presumably its not similar to Autoglym Aquawax, Meguiar’s Ultimate Quik Wax, Car Plan Demon Shine etc? The latter caught my eye in Halfords today, simply because it was same colour as the video, but I am sure they will stock the other two.

Wash waxes tested

I live in farming country so the last 3 miles is single track and used for moving sheep, tractors and kit and an assortment of roadkill from less sympathetic drivers. Waterless cleaners are a non-starter for me. The easiest way to avoid waterspots (and my water is from a borehole so quite hard) is simply dry with a traditional wet chamois you wring out as you go - works every time. Sadly synthetic chamois doesn't work well enough so I keep my leather hidden from my vegan wife...

a Leather cahmois makes me chringe, easiest way to rub swirls into your paintwork.

Always use a woolen mit to wash with the 2 bucket rule and microfiber clothes to dry. They keep any small specs of dirt away from your paint.

Perhaps you lean on yours and rub in heavy circles? Chamois for drying, not cleaning thick mud off it and there's not a mark on my car. As for microfibre..fine for polishing but useless (in my opinion) for drying. Each to his/her own.

Perhaps you lean on yours and rub in heavy circles? Chamois for drying, not cleaning thick mud off it and there's not a mark on my car. As for microfibre..fine for polishing but useless (in my opinion) for drying. Each to his/her own.

You just use a bunch of clean microfibre cloths for drying. I use about 10 for drying our Model X with its vast amount of sheet metal. As you say each to their own, but I don't think you will find any professional detailers using a chamois these days. They do cause minor scratches and swirls, especially if the car is not totally spotlessly clean. Microfibre cloths are a lot more forgiving.