Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Details / Specs on PUP audio system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The front door woofers are a nightmare. Very little clearance and an oddly shaped bracket around the stock speaker. I am working on designing and 3D printing something that will accommodate my focal ISU-200’s (upgraded driver that doesn’t have a ridiculously large magnet).

It’s slow going, but i think it’ll eventually work

@flashflooder Do you happen to have a depth of the factory door speaker. From magnet to bottom of mounting flange?
Sorry, I don't have it on hand. I haven't really had time to dedicate to the issue, but I can tell you that the front door woofer brackets are irregularly shaped (i.e. longer on one side than the other), which makes my job of fabricating a suitable replacement that much harder.

Could somebody post pictures of the front of the 1” tw and 4” mid? Even better can someone take some measurements, TS, response on and off axis?

It would be really nice if someone just sold a good drop in replacement for these drivers. Maybe something from tympany... silk tw and a poly mid. I’ll bet we could a few 1000s made at about $10 each. We need good measurements and dimensions to start. Anyone?

I see that light harmonic is working on a full DSP, class d amp and speaker system. I wonder if they are working with minidsp. Nonetheless, this seems a bit of overkill considering it’s already pretty good. To my ears, the tw is the worst. A good silk with a low fs would be a great improvement. The mid could be better. I’m sure some would like to replace the sub, but I’m completely ok with the front door woofers. The tw, mid and sub could be ala cart and pretty low cost improvements without tearing the whole system apart. I’d just do the tw and mid myself.

Just finished ceramic coating my 3, which was a project prerequisite I promised to complete before taking on this speaker job. Planning on replacing the tweets and front 4"s within a couple weeks. would love to replace the immersion tweets in the front pillars as well if anyone has those specs or a good replacement to order inline with the Infinity 4"s and Focal tweet I already have.