Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Details / Specs on PUP audio system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! I just posted in another very related topic on the forums here, but I am wondering if there is interest if I were to print brackets for replacing the 8" woofers (and possibly create some for better anchoring of 4" speakers too) and offer them for reasonable cost to ship out to people on the forum. If there is interest, I will go ahead and design. I think I can get things rolling and ready to ship out within the month. If there isn't interest, no worries, I'll just get around to it sometime later then :).

Hello everyone! I just posted in another very related topic on the forums here, but I am wondering if there is interest if I were to print brackets for replacing the 8" woofers (and possibly create some for better anchoring of 4" speakers too) and offer them for reasonable cost to ship out to people on the forum. If there is interest, I will go ahead and design. I think I can get things rolling and ready to ship out within the month. If there isn't interest, no worries, I'll just get around to it sometime later then :).

I'd be willing to wait for these to do my 4"s and 8"s, especially the 8"s. Assuming it is matched to the Focal 8"s (the kit that includes the tweeters) and the Infinity 4"s referenced earlier.

I'm down for this too. Just to be sure the 8" focal you have is the focal isu 200?

Also, I'm not sure if possible to tackle the 4" rear doors speakers to create a bracket as well. I have seen dfwatt post where he did it with glue. Just thought if there's another way that might be easier. I have already replaced the 3 front dash with Infiniti.

I am planning to use the Infinity Reference 4032cfx for at least the front and Focal ISU 200 for the front doors/tweeters. I haven't considered doing the back yet, but I will take a look at what others have done and see if there's a clever printable option to be made there. That will probably be later down the line (summer maybe?) though, as it will take some time to do brackets for Focals and 4" speakers up front. Just for reference, I created a new Post for the bracket discussion here: Brackets to install Aftermarket Speakers in Model 3. I'm happy to see a few people would be interested, so if others are interested definitely let me know and I will shell out for the speakers and get rolling.

Reactions: groovyd
Hey guys, SR+ Owner here - What I'd love is:
a) A way to get the rear shelf speakers playing (or to install them, I'm actually unclear if they're present on the SR+ or how to get to them to check)
b) A way to install an amp and sub / it's my understanding there's no wiring harness leads on the SR+ where the amp is.

a) A way to get the rear shelf speakers playing (or to install them, I'm actually unclear if they're present on the SR+ or how to get to them to check)
b) A way to install an amp and sub / it's my understanding there's no wiring harness leads on the SR+ where the amp is.
if the speakers are present in the rear shelf (and you can check simply by looking up through the trunk, they are just barely visible), your best option would be to tap into the speaker leads for the dash speakers and use that as a line in for an aftermarket amp. The front leads come from the ICE (computer module) located behind the glovebox. There's a post from (I believe) Ingineerix that details the pinouts for those harnesses.

Reactions: Bill Foster
you are a saint, and I cannot thank you enough for doing this. Can you share the stl?

You win the internet for the whole week, possibly even the month. Pack it up, everyone.
Hey Guys, I just happen to be working on the same thing. I have just finished with the 3d print of Speaker bracket for the ISU 200 Focal 8 inch speaker.

Check it out below.

iCloud

The fit is perfect. I will be doing final install of the speaker after sound deadening the doors.

Will

I’d be interested in this. SR+ here but wish I had better sound

Ok, so I've had my car for a couple months... love it of course, but now I'm starting to get the itch to see what I can do to improve the already amazing stock (Premium) stereo. This made me realize that VERY LITTLE is known, in the way of actual specs / configuration.
So I figured I'd start this thread with what is known (to me, at least), and invite anyone with more info to contribute. I'll update the OP as the info rolls in and hopefully we can use this thread as a repository.

Model 3 PUP audio system
Speakers
# speakers: 15

1 x 6" subwoofer in passenger trunk well - dual voice coil @ 2x4Ohm, 2x80W
3 x (3.5"?) midrange speakers in dash - impedance and watt rating unknown
1 x (1"?) tweeter in dash - impedance and watt rating unknown
2 x (3.5"?) midrange speakers at side mirrors - impedance and watt rating unknown
2 x (1"?) tweeters in A-pillars - impedance and watt rating unknown
2 x (6.5"?) woofers in front doors - impedance and watt rating unknown
2 x (6.5"?) woofers in rear doors - impedance and watt rating unknown
2 x (3.5"?) midrange speakers in trunk lid - impedance and watt rating unknown

Amplifiers
# of amplifiers: 2(?)

1 x (wattage unknown) amplifier next to subwoofer in trunk - wattage unknown - powers subwoofer & (anything else?)
1(?) amplifier to power remainder of speakers? - wattage and location unknown.

References:
subwoofer & amp:
So That's Where They Hid the Model 3 Subwoofer...
Dash speakers:
Not to drag up an old thread or seem random, but I connected my car to WiFi this morning and got a notification from my router that a new device was connected. It said “LG Speakers”. I had the audio on in the car and know that LG is supposedly who makes the display, so I guess maybe the speakers are also LG? Any ideas?

Hi all,

I have a Tesla M3 Performance (purchase) and a BMW 530e, and the lease is expiring on that soon, and it has a couple of speaker upgrades I had done last year before I bought my Model 3.

I was wondering if the two Match speaker sets linked below will replace the TM3 front door and dashboard speakers. I spoke with my audio guy, he said that the Match woofers below will NOT replace the front door 8” subwoofers. Not sure why!!

MATCH Under-seat 8" Subwoofers:
MATCH MW 8BMW-D Package Two 8" shallow-mount component subwoofers — designed to fit select BMW vehicles with under-seat subs at Crutchfield

MATCH 4" Front Door Mid-Range Speakers and 1" Dome Tweeters:
MATCH MS 42C-BMW.2 2-way component speaker system designed for select BMWs at Crutchfield

Thanks