Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Determining Pack A or B in Model S without sticker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In January I got my CPO 2013 Model S. I recently found out about the A/B batteries and the limited SC charging rate on the older A batteries. With the helpful info I went underneath the car to check the battery stick only to find out it was gone. I had been there, but probably had been worn off from use.

Is there any other way to determine if I have an A battery or B battery? I want to know for time planning since the A battery will take longer to supercharge.

7th digit is "D". But being a CPO as Lloyd iterated, the battery may have been swapped or replaced previously. That said, the delivery date was Aug 2013 if I remember seeing in some reports on it, so likely it shipped with a B battery, but really, I guess the only way to determine is to charge it at a low SoC or ask Tesla.

BTW how low does the SoC need to be before the supercharger can go at full capacity?

I would be shocked to find a car built with a D pack replaced with a refurbished A pack. Have you ever gotten more than 90 kW while supercharging? (even if just for a few seconds?) If yes, then you don't have an A pack.