Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Detroit News - Model S vs Cadillac ELR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure the writer made some factual errors with his confusion over the 0-60 times for the different versions of the S but I was pleasantly surprised by the article. Knowing it was published in a Detroit newspaper I started reading it assuming that the writer might give the ELR more credit than it is really due, but instead the writer clearly described the obvious advantages of the S over the ELR and came to the obviously correct conclusion that the Model S is a much better car.

They're not even in the same class, so it makes me wonder why they're being compared if for no other reason than they both have electric motors. Or maybe it was an ironic thing like the Syclone vs. Ferrari piece that Car & Driver did years back?

They're not even in the same class, so it makes me wonder why they're being compared if for no other reason than they both have electric motors. Or maybe it was an ironic thing like the Syclone vs. Ferrari piece that Car & Driver did years back?
"Shiny thing A that's new to us and gets eyeballs.
Shiny thing B that's new to us and gets eyeballs.
Let's compare them."

I doubt there's more intellectual horsepower applied than that.

Living in the part of the world where everyone knows someone in the auto industry, this would seem a natural comparison for readers of the Detroit News -- two recent luxury vehicles in the EV space (yes, I know one of them is an EREV) that were getting a lot of attention at the auto show. The focus seemed to be, "Is our local employer, GM, at least keeping up?", and the author seems to conclude that GM has a ways to go yet.