TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

develop/2018.14.2 firmware update

Discussion in 'Model X' started by GabeX, Apr 13, 2018.

1. GabeX

GabeX Member

I just received an alert and updated my MCU2 model X to 2018.14.2. The release notes doesn't have anything new but I am not sure why I got pushed the developer release only 2 days after getting 2018.14 and 4 days after getting 2018.12.

Has anyone randomly gotten developer builds before?

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. j12345mc

j12345mc New Member

I just got it as well.

3. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

There was a problem with 2018.14 which forced them to pull the update and fix something before pushing widely.

• Like x 1
  4. outie

outie Active Member

Just got it as well and updated. Haven't noticed anything new yet.

• Like x 1
  5. GabeX

GabeX Member

Just checked the in car owner's manual and looks like it's updated with the latest version as references to the "vehicle in blue" for autosteer is gone. Not sure what other changes are made.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. outie

outie Active Member

I am guessing the .14 broke something so they immediately released this one. One thing I noticed was my car became unresponsive yesterday, the day after upgrading to .14 from .12. I could control the FWDs with the FOB but it doesn't make any gong sound. I couldn't start the car either as it stayed as "Car Off". Touching the doors on the screen didn't do anything. I ended up rebooting and it came back. If I couldn't reboot (like the firmware before .12) I'd be stranded at the park for sure.

7. fpenguin

fpenguin New Member

I wish I could close the Frunk with the remote

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  8. bebbiXpress

bebbiXpress Member

#8 bebbiXpress, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Either it‘s a roll-out in ludicrous mode or TeslaFi has a hickup with this version. There are 3 cars every minute repeatedly from Arizona, Colorado and Minnesota.

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  9. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

TeslaFi has a bug report for it. The format may have screwed it up. And yeah obviously Tesla pushed this 2018.14.2 out so quickly they didn’t even de-QA the name! Eek... on a Friday night?!

• Funny x 1
  10. boaterva

There is a thread on reddit with both new manuals , and the changes. Nothing major, mostly ‘blue car’ and a few other things. If you want the PDF’s they are there. Haven’t checked my personal PDF yet.

11. boaterva

That would be some update! :D

• Funny x 1
  12. MacGreiner

Yeah exact same 3 cars on a loop - something NQR going on there.

• Like x 1
  13. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

soft-close frunk, a first?

14. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Supporting Member

Downloadable PDF manual in my tesla account was updated to 2018.12.

• Informative x 1
  15. PhaseWhite

PhaseWhite Member

develop might just be the branch name in their git repo. Development happens in this branch and then a new release can just be tagged to a specific commit hash (of which 6 digits are also included in the release name)

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. outie

outie Active Member

Mine just updated again tonight to 2018.14.2 a88808e (no more develop wording)

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  17. onlinespending

me too. I've been experiencing a lot of bugginess lately, so hopefully this one irons out the issues.

I first had a trip where Navigation or TACC wasn't available at all. Then that evening I started getting warnings that my 12V Battery needed to be replaced (on a 2 week old Model X). The previous update seemed to fix those.

But then today, I had a trip where no audio came out. Not for the proximity sensors, the left or right turn signals, and not for music from any source. Drive home the sound worked, but then it told me that Autosteer wasn't available above 45 mph and the navigation location was stuck at my office and was not updating for the entire ride home. Did a reset and the GPS location was still stuck.

So it's been one thing after another lately. I wonder if this is at all related to the new MCU, and given that it's a new change for the company, they haven't refined the code for this (that's even assuming the code is actually different). Fingers crossed that this one fixes these bugs.

18. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

Resets don’t fix the “stuck” navigation. You need to reset then turn off completely using the MCU. Wait 5 min and turn on. If doesn’t work, call support and they’ll push a reset.

19. outie

outie Active Member

Yea with the develop firmware today I got in the car after picking up the kid, both screens were black. I had to restart the system. So annoying.

20. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

2018.14 fixed most of my issues (MCU2)
    Is it possible that these problems are only with the old MCU running on the unified code?