Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

develop/2018.14.2 firmware update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received an alert and updated my MCU2 model X to 2018.14.2. The release notes doesn't have anything new but I am not sure why I got pushed the developer release only 2 days after getting 2018.14 and 4 days after getting 2018.12.

Has anyone randomly gotten developer builds before?

Attachments

• 20180413_223626.jpg
    20180413_223626.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 242
  • 20180413_223238.jpg
    20180413_223238.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 210
I am guessing the .14 broke something so they immediately released this one. One thing I noticed was my car became unresponsive yesterday, the day after upgrading to .14 from .12. I could control the FWDs with the FOB but it doesn't make any gong sound. I couldn't start the car either as it stayed as "Car Off". Touching the doors on the screen didn't do anything. I ended up rebooting and it came back. If I couldn't reboot (like the firmware before .12) I'd be stranded at the park for sure.

Just checked the in car owner's manual and looks like it's updated with the latest version as references to the "vehicle in blue" for autosteer is gone. Not sure what other changes are made.
There is a thread on reddit with both new manuals , and the changes. Nothing major, mostly ‘blue car’ and a few other things. If you want the PDF’s they are there. Haven’t checked my personal PDF yet.

I just received an alert and updated my MCU2 model X to 2018.14.2. The release notes doesn't have anything new but I am not sure why I got pushed the developer release only 2 days after getting 2018.14 and 4 days after getting 2018.12.

Has anyone randomly gotten developer builds before?

develop might just be the branch name in their git repo. Development happens in this branch and then a new release can just be tagged to a specific commit hash (of which 6 digits are also included in the release name)

Mine just updated again tonight to 2018.14.2 a88808e (no more develop wording)

me too. I've been experiencing a lot of bugginess lately, so hopefully this one irons out the issues.

I first had a trip where Navigation or TACC wasn't available at all. Then that evening I started getting warnings that my 12V Battery needed to be replaced (on a 2 week old Model X). The previous update seemed to fix those.

But then today, I had a trip where no audio came out. Not for the proximity sensors, the left or right turn signals, and not for music from any source. Drive home the sound worked, but then it told me that Autosteer wasn't available above 45 mph and the navigation location was stuck at my office and was not updating for the entire ride home. Did a reset and the GPS location was still stuck.

So it's been one thing after another lately. I wonder if this is at all related to the new MCU, and given that it's a new change for the company, they haven't refined the code for this (that's even assuming the code is actually different). Fingers crossed that this one fixes these bugs.

me too. I've been experiencing a lot of bugginess lately, so hopefully this one irons out the issues.

I first had a trip where Navigation or TACC wasn't available at all. Then that evening I started getting warnings that my 12V Battery needed to be replaced (on a 2 week old Model X). The previous update seemed to fix those.

But then today, I had a trip where no audio came out. Not for the proximity sensors, the left or right turn signals, and not for music from any source. Drive home the sound worked, but then it told me that Autosteer wasn't available above 45 mph and the navigation location was stuck at my office and was not updating for the entire ride home. Did a reset and the GPS location was still stuck.

So it's been one thing after another lately. I wonder if this is at all related to the new MCU, and given that it's a new change for the company, they haven't refined the code for this (that's even assuming the code is actually different). Fingers crossed that this one fixes these bugs.

Resets don’t fix the “stuck” navigation. You need to reset then turn off completely using the MCU. Wait 5 min and turn on. If doesn’t work, call support and they’ll push a reset.

Yea with the develop firmware today I got in the car after picking up the kid, both screens were black. I had to restart the system. So annoying.