Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

develop/2018.14.2 firmware update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MX100D the last week of March. Running 2018.12 new Intel processor sets.
Was able to set-up WiFi (but acted glitchy).

Autosteer Soooo much smoother than my wife's :) (si' dos equis 100D's)

Within a week display locked up.
(Soft-reboot apparently disabled in 2018.12)
Drove vehicle to Tesla Service.
Hard reboot and reinstall FW 2018.12
Wifi no longer working (can not find MAC address).
Got FW update notification like 2 days later. Scheduled, but did not install AFAIK.

Notified Tesla Service.
Was notified in turn, Wifi was known issue and will be corrected in next FW release.

Mentioned the recent "failed" install, got <silence>.

Now having said all that - anyone else is the same boat?

Should I burn another day and go back to the dealer for the latest FW release?

Should I just wait around for the non-wifi update?

Picked up my MX100D the last week of March. Running 2018.12 new Intel processor sets.

Got FW update notification like 2 days later. Scheduled, but did not install AFAIK.

Notified Tesla Service.
Was notified in turn, Wifi was known issue and will be corrected in next FW release.

THis thread is for the develop 14.2 which no one is getting any longer... :D But I would try to install whatever you have, it's probably the 'real' 14.2 and I believe it fixed the reboot and wifi problems for MCU2 cars, which you have.

If it doesn't install, then call Tesla Support, but they are swamped with called this weekend from the server issue they have (and seem to be still having). Phone Support may be able to clear a failed installed. Did you mean it didn't install or you didn't install it?

Went to the SC yesterday and asking for pushing update got denied

Asking me to patiently waiting

Also they suggest me to turn OFF WiFi as LTE is more stable and reliable and less issue

I’m on 18.12 currently and if a newer version is out and still not having they can side load

Also no map yet

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
You have to wait 4-5 days after you get the 12 or 14 for the car to download the map update. I got my map update 5 days after I got firmware update. It will just reboot and then tell you you have the new map update.

I suspect it depends heavily on the speed of your network connection, because it is probably a pretty big download. My car can connect to my home Wi-Fi at night (50 megabit service), and I can't remember if the maps update happened on the same night or if there was a one day delay, but it certainly wasn't four or five. But other folks have experienced much slower updates. I'm wondering if Tesla deliberately throttles the download speed over LTE to keep costs down, in the hopes that the car will successfully connect to Wi-Fi if they drag it out over a long enough period of time. :D

Hi All,

Two more data points...

My car X-100-D manufactured 3/18 MCU2 updated to 2018.14.2 a few days ago...
I NEVER got the panel associated with the map download.
I checked the Controls>Settings>Apps and I saw 2 apps. listed Navigation and Calendar.
I checked the Navigation icon and I got the New navigation screen...

My wife's 2015 S-85-D downloaded and applied 2018.14.2 Thursday (April 19).
The maps downloaded the next night for her car and did display the "New navigation" screen...

If you have received 2018.14.2 on an MCU2 car check the Controls>Settings>Apps
The new Navigation App. may already be there...

Shawn

• Helpful
Reactions: Doctt

Notified Tesla Service.

Recieved next day over air update. Thank you magical fairies.

Reactions: Xcelerator
Recieved next day over air update. Thank you magical fairies.

I too am up to date with 2018.14.2, which happened shortly after posting here and on a Tesla facebook group. Perhaps unrelated, but, the timing sure lines up. Either way, the directions map on the dashboard is vastly superior to the old one and the map on the big screen is much faster. I haven't really gotten to test how well the traffic features work...though the roads are clearly marked with red for slow downs. Need to check the web browser speeds on LTE too. AP1.

I also just got the 2018.16 for my Dec 2017 X100D. I was with 2018.12, so I was super surprise to get the update and noticed that it skipped 2018.14. There was a warning / error message on dash saying "contact Tesla". The message disappears after the car starts, which looked up it actually was rebooting after I step on the break pedal.

The MCU is definitely faster than before. Besides the much smoother scrolling, I noticed that the dragging action of the icons to make app shows up in the bottom part of the screen is also much smoother. Not sure if this was already in 2018.14 because most people seems to only focus on the browser.