TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

DFW area CHAdeMO fractional ownership?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Chris TX, Mar 31, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Is anyone interested in going in on a CHAdeMO adapter? It's going to be a while before the "Island of Texas" is connected to the rest of the Supercharger network. In the mean time, I propose the idea of a shared adapter for when people want to go out of town and need it.

If there is interest, we could schedule it like a timeshare and see about keeping it at the Tesla Service Center when not in use. Those that buy into the ownership would have priority, but those that don't could rent it, and the rental fees would be split equally between the owners. Of course, there would be a full price deposit (plus fees) for the renters in case it isn't returned.

If anyone wants to admin the ownership, feel free to step forward. Otherwise, I don't mind doing it.

Any takers?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Are there any CHAdeMOs that aren't right in the Metroplex (where your not going to be charging)? I've not seen any on any of the charging apps. There is finally one HWPC in Oklahoma.

3. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

East and Northwest, there are Nissan dealerships that could accommodate. Then, more East there are quite a few. 170MPH vs 31/62 makes a difference when you're trying to connect to the SC Highway.

4. jerry33

The problem with Nissan dealers is that they are hit and miss. Some won't even charge Leafs not purchased there. None have the charging stations available after hours (as far as I've heard). So, yeah, you might get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it.

5. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

I just saw the CHAdeMO adapter availability changed to "Winter" so, never mind for now. All the SC locations that I would care about should be done before that adapter is available.

6. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

There is always Canada and Oregon, and parts of Eastern Tenessee....

7. jerry33

But I'll need that TARDIS option to get there :)