Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DFW area CHAdeMO fractional ownership?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone interested in going in on a CHAdeMO adapter? It's going to be a while before the "Island of Texas" is connected to the rest of the Supercharger network. In the mean time, I propose the idea of a shared adapter for when people want to go out of town and need it.

If there is interest, we could schedule it like a timeshare and see about keeping it at the Tesla Service Center when not in use. Those that buy into the ownership would have priority, but those that don't could rent it, and the rental fees would be split equally between the owners. Of course, there would be a full price deposit (plus fees) for the renters in case it isn't returned.

If anyone wants to admin the ownership, feel free to step forward. Otherwise, I don't mind doing it.

Any takers?

Are there any CHAdeMOs that aren't right in the Metroplex (where your not going to be charging)? I've not seen any on any of the charging apps. There is finally one HWPC in Oklahoma.

Are there any CHAdeMOs that aren't right in the Metroplex (where your not going to be charging)? I've not seen any on any of the charging apps. There is finally one HWPC in Oklahoma.

East and Northwest, there are Nissan dealerships that could accommodate. Then, more East there are quite a few. 170MPH vs 31/62 makes a difference when you're trying to connect to the SC Highway.

East and Northwest, there are Nissan dealerships that could accommodate. Then, more East there are quite a few. 170MPH vs 31/62 makes a difference when you're trying to connect to the SC Highway.

The problem with Nissan dealers is that they are hit and miss. Some won't even charge Leafs not purchased there. None have the charging stations available after hours (as far as I've heard). So, yeah, you might get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it.