TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

DFW Bluebonnets

Discussion in 'Texas' started by redi, Apr 17, 2018.

1. redi

redi 2013 P85+

Anyone know of any calm bluebonnet fields within, say, a 10mi radius of DFW airport? They're fading fast, I know.

While only slightly OT, I like to take pictures and some of the pics will probably include my MS.

Thanks for any local pointers.

2. arcus

arcus Active Member

Hmm... not exactly 10 miles away from DFW, but I've seen bunch of them along 114 (coming from Southlake towrds TMS and I-35 W). A buddy of mine says there's a display across from Alliance Airport. I also see them along North Loop 288 and Mayhill Rd in Denton (despite construction). None of these spots would be easy to park a car for a photo op though.

3. redi

redi 2013 P85+

Thanks for the info. As always - trying to find one with reasonable access, relatively close to home, level ground, without superhighway traffic whistling by at 75+... the holy grail during our short wildflower season.

4. arcus

arcus Active Member

5. arcus

arcus Active Member

I hear ya on that! Hope you can find some before they are gone!

6. TX-T3sla

TX-T3sla Member

We found a large field of bluebonnets off of 114 next to Texas Toyota of Grapevine last Friday. We parked in their parking lot next to the field and took several pictures. There were were a few others there doing the same thing. Here's a pic I took Friday:

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  7. redi

redi 2013 P85+

Thanks for the point-out on this location. It was close enough and good enough to get the job done!

IMG_7090.JPG

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  8. redi

redi 2013 P85+

Resurrecting this thread to any point-outs on good, low traffic, bluebonnet patches with 10 miles of DFW. I checked the Grapevine/Toyota patch two weeks ago and it was pretty sad.

Thanks for any info.